Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Texas Rangers Autograph Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just now seeing this. Love it! I don't think you can truly appreciate collecting autographs to the fullest unless you have chased everyone on a team list, like this. Lots of people do HOFers and those are possible until you get to about 200-225 or so (that number may be off with newer members being added all the time) or so, then they get downright difficult but also extremely expensive so that only the deepest of pockets can even compete any longer.

Team players may go through some similar difficulties in locating signatures, but often its finding a signature and not necessarily the fact that you won't be able to afford it if one comes up.

I'll have to check out your link. hoping you have them pictured.

rangers311

Mar 31, 2018
Just now seeing this. Love it! I don't think you can truly appreciate collecting autographs to the fullest unless you have chased everyone on a team list, like this. Lots of people do HOFers and those are possible until you get to about 200-225 or so (that number may be off with newer members being added all the time) or so, then they get downright difficult but also extremely expensive so that only the deepest of pockets can even compete any longer.

Team players may go through some similar difficulties in locating signatures, but often its finding a signature and not necessarily the fact that you won't be able to afford it if one comes up.

I'll have to check out your link. hoping you have them pictured.
For sure! I mean there are a few guys on my list that are going to be difficult to obtain because of price but it's mostly obscure guys now.

Collecting a team's all-time roster makes you search for incredibly specific and obscure autographs/cards. For instance, I would be very excited to find a 1981 Topps Traded Larry Cox signed card.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
USA
@rangers311 Quick question. On your needs list some players don't have a number behind their name. What category are you looking for?

rangers311

Mar 31, 2018
@rangers311 Quick question. On your needs list some players don't have a number behind their name. What category are you looking for?
If they don't have a number, then it usually means they are a recent or current ranger and I'm waiting to see if a Rangers card gets released.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
For sure! I mean there are a few guys on my list that are going to be difficult to obtain because of price but it's mostly obscure guys now.

Collecting a team's all-time roster makes you search for incredibly specific and obscure autographs/cards. For instance, I would be very excited to find a 1981 Topps Traded Larry Cox signed card.
They are probably out there. Cox was not a big name, although he died relatively young. He seemed like a fairly accommodating signer when he was alive though. I needed him for a number of themed sets I was doing as well. I might even have that Traded card you speak of. Not moving anything at the time, but my vault may open up sooner than later.

rangers311

Mar 31, 2018
They are probably out there. Cox was not a big name, although he died relatively young. He seemed like a fairly accommodating signer when he was alive though. I needed him for a number of themed sets I was doing as well. I might even have that Traded card you speak of. Not moving anything at the time, but my vault may open up sooner than later.
Well, if you ever decide to sell, I'd be happy to buy.

Members online

Latest posts