Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012-2013 NCAA Hockey Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Yeah I went to high school in Mankato, and my folks still live there. I go back to Minnesota every March for a week to spend time with them, and then to watch the WCHA Final Five. Had Mavs season tickets from 2000 through 2004, then I moved to Minneapolis for a bit, and then to Texas. Still follow the Mavs on the radio or video streams!

Very nice!

I have a lot of friends that live out there and go to school there.

I live about 70 miles west, but I am going to try to get to a game over break. I missed when BSU came through.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I also highly recommend going to the WCHA Final Five this year. especially if you've never been before. It's a great time no matter who is playing, but sadly this will be the last year that it will have good attendance

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I also highly recommend going to the WCHA Final Five this year. especially if you've never been before. It's a great time no matter who is playing, but sadly this will be the last year that it will have good attendance

Yeah, I'm going to try to make it, even if it's for a day.

The Big-10 conference hurt the WCHA pretty bad, and the NCHC was just salt in the wound.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Yeah, I'm going to try to make it, even if it's for a day.

The Big-10 conference hurt the WCHA pretty bad, and the NCHC was just salt in the wound.

Yeah it sucks, mostly because I love the current Final Five so much. This year will be my 13th year in a row, so kind of sad to know it won't be the same the next year. We're probably going to start going to the new Minnesota Cup though, which is supposed to start January 2014. I blame it all on Wisconsin and Penn State, I don't think the Gophers really wanted to leave the WCHA. I'm not sure what the teams that formed the NCHC were thinking as they'll probably have at most 3 teams going to the NCAA tourney each year. They would have been better off staying in their own conferences. At least with the Mavs performing well this year, maybe we can be top dog in the crap conference :)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
UofM, Wisconsin - Big-10

Denver, UND, Colorado College, UNO, UMD, SCSU - NCHC

Alaska-Fairbanks, Ferris State, LSS, N. Michigan, Bowling Green - WCHA

That's basically the re-alignment as of right now, involving current/future WCHA teams

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
So, I have a question for you college hockey fans...

Next year, I'll be getting Bemidji season tickets. I also wanted to get a jersey to wear to every game. Here are my options:

Bemidji Throwback (probably with Joel Otto's # sewn on. I would have to see if I can get it in XXL)

1980's era Bemidji State University Hockey Jersey

Matt Read Home Jersey:

Matt Read Philadelphia Flyers Reebok Premier Jersey | eBay

Bemidji State Generic Jersey (I would probably contact the store and see if I could get Matt Read's Name and # on the back):

Hockey Jersey

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
So, I have a question for you college hockey fans...

Next year, I'll be getting Bemidji season tickets. I also wanted to get a jersey to wear to every game. Here are my options:

Bemidji Throwback (probably with Joel Otto's # sewn on. I would have to see if I can get it in XXL)

1980's era Bemidji State University Hockey Jersey

Matt Read Home Jersey:

Matt Read Philadelphia Flyers Reebok Premier Jersey | eBay

Bemidji State Generic Jersey (I would probably contact the store and see if I could get Matt Read's Name and # on the back):

Hockey Jersey

I like the Beavers throwback one the best. The normal Beavers would be my 2nd choice

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
DSC01978.jpg

My gf at the 2011 Final Five

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
So, here is something interesting...

Saturday, the Gophers will be taking on the Air Force in the Mariucci Classic. It's a father-son matchup between Tom Serratorre and Frank Serratorre (head coach of Air Force). Sunday, Tom Serratorre (Tom's uncle and I would assume Frank's brother), the head coach at BSU, has a game.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
RPI shut down SCSU tonight. That was painful.

SCSU was up 2-0 in the 2nd, RPI scored 3 goals to take the lead. SCSU scored once again in the 3rd, and RPI answered. 3-4 the final.

That's the only WCHA game tonight. I was surprised that we were able to watch it on TV. Kinda cool

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
RPI shut down SCSU tonight. That was painful.

SCSU was up 2-0 in the 2nd, RPI scored 3 goals to take the lead. SCSU scored once again in the 3rd, and RPI answered. 3-4 the final.

That's the only WCHA game tonight. I was surprised that we were able to watch it on TV. Kinda cool

Ah good, I hate St. Cloud!!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Listening to the Mavs vs Brown game right now, 1-0 Mavs in the 3rd... thought we'd be up more by this point. Oh well, as long as they can pull off a win here.

Members online

Latest posts