Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Long ago in a ballpark far away....in the tobacco fields of NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stricklcp

Jun 15, 2013
ATL
I'd like to share a story that holds sentimental value to me. Way back in 1992 I used to bat boy for the Carolina Mudcats, (at the time) Double A affiliate for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Teams came and went which I'm sure were filled with future stars that I never payed close attention to except the Greenville Braves. The Braves had quite a few names that were popular in the minor leagues......Javy Lopez, Melvin Nieves, Tony Tarasco, and of course, Chipper Jones.

As I was handling the pre-game activities, Tony Tarasco comes over to me (as I worked the visitor side that night) and says "Hey man, can you go over and tell (Mudcat pitching coach) Tom Detorre _________".......I don't remember the message......I told Tony "I'll pass your message as long as you get my Chipper cards signed for me...." He agreed and to this day those 2 cards I probably hold dearest to my heart since they have the most meaning. What I really cannot wait for is to share the cards and story with my son when he is older.......than 2. Ha. Attached are those cards. Thx for reading!

Chris

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1389911860.461101.jpg

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1389911878.557304.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts