Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Richard Sherman -vs- Michael Crabtree

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I'm already sick of this less than 24 hours after the game. Emotions running high right after you make the game winning play when ESPN critics said you weren't that great. How is he supposed to act? I won't watch ESPN or look at Facebook for a week cause this is everywhere now.

Good for Sherman, good for the hawks, move on.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
FYI.. How many players do this the day after a big game..

1077564_614505585291412_362489988_o.jpg

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm not sure why people are assuming it was the ultimate taunt that Sherman offered a handshake?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/richard-sherman-erin-andrews-interview/
After making a fantastic play that led to a NFC championship-winning interception on what could have been a game-winning 49ers touchdown, Richard Sherman ran over to dejected San Francisco wide receiver Michael Crabtree. Like a modern-day Eddie Haskell, the Seahawks corner offered his hand to Crabtree. For some, it would have been a classy move of respect. For Sherman, it was the ultimate in postgame taunting on the biggest stage in sports.

Sherman promptly got shoved in the face, just like he deserved.

The writer goes on to claim that the postgame tirade was evidence that the handshake was a taunt, but couldn't his tirade just as easily been a response to getting shoved in the face for offering a legitimate handshake?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Sherman is a *******. guy pulls this crap all the time. i hope he gets burned quite a few times by the broncos.

It's funny,I'd never heard of the guy before this incident, though to be fair, I know very few of the Seahawks.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
It's funny,I'd never heard of the guy before this incident, though to be fair, I know very few of the Seahawks.

I don't follow them either but I learned about how he was after last years playoffs against the skins when he was running his mouth. Looked him up and found out it's the norm for him.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I don't follow them either but I learned about how he was after last years playoffs against the skins when he was running his mouth. Looked him up and found out it's the norm for him.

I'm not a fan of trash talking, but I do like that Sherman didn't back down and give some mealy mouth apology in this blog post he wrote.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/
Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.

But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.

It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am. I don’t want to be a villain, because I’m not a villainous person. When I say I’m the best cornerback in football, it’s with a caveat: There isn’t a great defensive backfield in the NFL that doesn’t have a great front seven. Everything begins with pressure up front, and that’s what we get from our pass rushers every Sunday. To those who would call me a thug or worse because I show passion on a football field—don’t judge a person’s character by what they do between the lines. Judge a man by what he does off the field, what he does for his community, what he does for his family.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I am going to be blunt about this.

I am sick and tired of people talking about how intelligent RS is, and all of the work that he is doing off the field. What in the heck does that have to do with the way he acted, represented his team, and portrayed himself?

The Truth is that RS is all of these things

1. Cocky
2. Egotistical
3. Big-Mouth
4. Jerk
5. Brash
6. and about 60 other things I can think of.

He can't control himself, running around flashing the choke sign after the game? Really? You were at the home, and the favorite, how did the 49ers choke. And if THEY choked, then I guess your play was their fault, not your own doing, right?

This dude is a self-indulging D-BAG, and everyone outside of Seattle saw that clearly. Why not celebrate your team, your victory, your coach, and your city? Nope, I would rather scream like a loser about how I am the best in the world, and take personal shots at another player.

You all go ahead and applaud his actions, I hope your children all were watching that game and emulate his actions, so they can grow up to be such great role models themselves.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008

I am sick and tired of people talking about how intelligent RS is, and all of the work that he is doing off the field. What in the heck does that have to do with the way he acted, represented his team, and portrayed himself?

Because it was 30 seconds versus everything he has done in his life. Would you like to be judged as a person solely on 30 seconds of your life? Can any 30 seconds really be an accurate portrayal of who we are as humans?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Because it was 30 seconds versus everything he has done in his life. Would you like to be judged as a person solely on 30 seconds of your life? Can any 30 seconds really be an accurate portrayal of who we are as humans?

ahahha, this is the only time you have seen him be an arrogant, brash, cocky, over the top jerk? Cause I have see it many times. Do you read his twitter feed? Or read the 10 page article about him in SI? He is a smart guy, and does some nice things, but does that mean all the things he did, just didn't happen?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
ahahha, this is the only time you have seen him be an arrogant, brash, cocky, over the top jerk? Cause I have see it many times. Do you read his twitter feed? Or read the 10 page article about him in SI? He is a smart guy, and does some nice things, but does that mean all the things he did, just didn't happen?

Actually, yes, I was completely unfamiliar with him prior to this.

So he is a brash, arrogant, cocky, smart, nice, over the top jerk who backs it up on the field. He sounds a lot like Muhammed Ali and looking at another field, Steve Jobs, both very successful people who tended to rub some people the wrong way because of their extreme confidence in themselves.

It's not my favorite style, and I'm sure he would lose the crazy eyes if he could do that interview over, but I think he really believes everything he said and from what I have seen, it was the truth.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
And was it so bad what he said? He didn't curse, didn't make any threats, sure, he was over the top, but he just made a game saving play to send his team to the Super Bowl mere seconds before. I'd be a little amped up as well.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
And was it so bad what he said? He didn't curse, didn't make any threats, sure, he was over the top, but he just made a game saving play to send his team to the Super Bowl mere seconds before. I'd be a little amped up as well.

What would people say if Bryce Harper did this?

No issues with getting in Crabtree's face? Or running around flashing the choke sign? Or his lack of talking his TEAM winning the game? Or his disrespect to Erin Andrews?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

The Truth is that RS is all of these things

1. Cocky
2. Egotistical
3. Big-Mouth
4. Jerk
5. Brash
6. and about 60 other things I can think of.

He can't control himself, running around flashing the choke sign after the game? Really? You were at the home, and the favorite, how did the 49ers choke. And if THEY choked, then I guess your play was their fault, not your own doing, right?

This dude is a self-indulging D-BAG, and everyone outside of Seattle saw that clearly. Why not celebrate your team, your victory, your coach, and your city? Nope, I would rather scream like a loser about how I am the best in the world, and take personal shots at another player.

You all go ahead and applaud his actions, I hope your children all were watching that game and emulate his actions, so they can grow up to be such great role models themselves.
T...H...I...S

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

How long does it take to pull a trigger?

How long does it take to beat your spouse?

Many athletes have foundations and charitable organizations, and are still dbags.

Members online

Latest posts