Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ken Griffey Jr Upper Deck Rookie Card Giveaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Going thru some stuff today and found my KGJ UD RCs I pulled as a kid. Keeping two and giving this one away as I've seen in multiple threads how people want one and don't have one so here's your chance to get one for free.

Simple rules:
1) you must not already own one. I know there is no way to verify so I'll take your word on it.
2) just post in this thread why you want one. Doesn't need to be a long drawn out story (predatorkj I'm speaking to you) :lol: it's just your entry to the drawing.
3) entries will be accepted for the next 48 hours and then a random entry will be drawn and the card will ship

Note: the card is OC left to right (which one wasn't in 89) haha and the upper left corner is slightly soft. Other than that it's a solid card.

20140901_170159.jpg

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
I bought a lot of packs in 89, yet never pulled or owned one. It's always been one of those cards I've admired & wanted but never got around to buying. Thanks for the contest! :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm only posting because I got a good laugh off the Predator remark ;) Love ya Aaron... Nice gesture though

Ryan

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I sold off all 6 I had many years ago, would like to have one back! But they were all BGS 9s at the time, so I did very well on them.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I dont own one anymore, I used to own about 100 or so of them pre 1997.

It's just one of those cards ever collector should have in his collection whether he's a Griffey Jr collector or not!

Fordman

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Have never owned one and would love to!

I wore my Griffey #30 Reds jersey to school probably once a week when I was in 4th grade (2004). I remember watching him hit #500 on Father's Day on TV against one of my favorite pitchers, Matt Morris.

And just think... His good days were behind him when I turned 5. Wish I could have seen him play in Seattle (the first tenure, that is).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well I was going to post a 10 page essay but you took the wind out of my sails!

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I would love to own one of this as it is an icon of our hobby and a RC of a great player.
I own a 1989 Bowman and Topps Griffey, but not this one.

Thanks for the giveaway :D

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
For me it all started back in 1988...I was in college, and I was driving back to school after an extended weekend with some friends at home. It was dark, and the fog had snuck its way across the road. I flipped on the radio to pass the time, and searched through the AM dial to find something to listen to. When Kasey Kasem's voice jumped through the speakers and tickled my ears, I knew then and there that it would be a magical night. Unbeknownst to me, a small family of wolves were watching my car from a distance, up on a safe hill, eyeing my headlights until they were passed, and gone, and the night was still again.
Fast forward to today, and this contest, brings tears to my eyes as I remember those who were affected by the meningoencephalitis, especially Mary Ingalls...Life just isn't fair! I'm just glad Laura didn't get it!! All these years later, when its really, really quiet, I hear those wolves calling me...beckoning me...
Thanks for the contest!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Never have owned one. One of the most iconic cards of all time should be in one of the most iconic Youtubers collections :p

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
This card hit just before I started collecting in the early 90's and it cost too much for me to pick up a copy. Now I'm a grown-ass man that still doesn't have a copy.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I have a bunch of his second year cards but his rookie card eludes me still. Would love to have one in the collection. He's an icon of the sport. Very nice giveaway and thanks.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I never owned one. I had pulled out of collecting in high school and college. For the most part, that worked out pretty well. For this card, not so much!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Have always wanted one, Dad had one so we just agreed I'd have his later. But Sandy took out a few of his binders and it was ruined...

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Final hours bump........only bump I am giving this for those that cant look past page 1 :lol:

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
When I was 5 at the time this set came out, I was barely into cards and didn't have the $$ cheddar to buy a pack of "premium" cards. Thus: the reason why I never have opened any 89 UD. Wish I would have.

Members online

Latest posts