Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The New York Jets...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Haven't seen any threads started about this recently but how bad are the freaking jets? All over the place as always, trading draft picks for receivers with huge locker room problems in an already dysfunctional locker room. We haven't had a good QB or anything close to a franchise QB since Testaverde - please don't consider Favre in his latest years a good QB. Rex is a great defense mind but the offense is a joke - we fired Shottenheimer and it still sucks. We always go for someone different at QB (Tebow, Vick, Geno) when history has shown that the greatest present and former QB's are traditional pocket passers. The offensive line has been a joke year in and year out after they got to those two AFC championship games hence why their running game is so inconsistent - what a joke.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm in the very sparsely occupied "keep playing Geno" camp.

Yes, he totally sucks but there's no reason NOT to play him.

Here's a few scenarios....

1. What if the impossible happens and he starts playing well, maybe even really well? Has he turned the corner?

2. He continues playing like Geno and that's his jets career. It's over in ny. He had his chances. Next. So if this happens, hello to a very high draft pick (correct me if I'm wrong on this) because the team will finish with one of the worst records.

3. There's no reason to play Vick. So what if he goes 4-4 or 5-3. What does that do? They aren't making the playoffs and he isn't your future QB.

Unless the jets go all in and give Taj Boyd the next 8 games no matter what (is he even on the team?), let Geno play.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't disagree. I think it's funny that Rex is playing Vick, he's sending the message that there's something to play for this year which is laughable. I think Vick, like Tebow was at one point, is just an exciting option. He'll run around, scramble, make some big plays, make some horrific mistakes, etc. Geno sucks and if he has a few good games and the management thinks he could potentially be a franchise QB, that's the real worry. But at this point I couldn't care less who they play at QB I just want the season to be over with and like you said, let's hope they rebuild their O-line and get a high draft pick.

I'm in the very sparsely occupied "keep playing Geno" camp.

Yes, he totally sucks but there's no reason NOT to play him.

Here's a few scenarios....

1. What if the impossible happens and he starts playing well, maybe even really well? Has he turned the corner?

2. He continues playing like Geno and that's his jets career. It's over in ny. He had his chances. Next. So if this happens, hello to a very high draft pick (correct me if I'm wrong on this) because the team will finish with one of the worst records.

3. There's no reason to play Vick. So what if he goes 4-4 or 5-3. What does that do? They aren't making the playoffs and he isn't your future QB.

Unless the jets go all in and give Taj Boyd the next 8 games no matter what (is he even on the team?), let Geno play.

WaxPax

I think you forgot about Pennington who was good, but not great...but I agree with what you're saying. I would be happy with just an average QB after years of futility at the most important position on the field.

Haven't seen any threads started about this recently but how bad are the freaking jets? All over the place as always, trading draft picks for receivers with huge locker room problems in an already dysfunctional locker room. We haven't had a good QB or anything close to a franchise QB since Testaverde - please don't consider Favre in his latest years a good QB. Rex is a great defense mind but the offense is a joke - we fired Shottenheimer and it still sucks. We always go for someone different at QB (Tebow, Vick, Geno) when history has shown that the greatest present and former QB's are traditional pocket passers. The offensive line has been a joke year in and year out after they got to those two AFC championship games hence why their running game is so inconsistent - what a joke.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I had Pennington in mind - he was the closest we've had to a franchise QB in over a decade (which is really sad). He had no arm strength whatsoever and his accuracy was really spotty.

I think you forgot about Pennington who was good, but not great...but I agree with what you're saying. I would be happy with just an average QB after years of futility at the most important position on the field.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I don't understand how Rex Ryan keeps his job and like 30 miles away you have a two-time Super Bowl winning coach who is constantly on the hot seat. Baffles my mind.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Lack of CBs (due to injuries and depth) is a huge issue this season.

A lot of positives to look forward to in 2015 - a boat load of cap space, new coach, great draft position.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
And to add, I've always been a big Rex supporter and still am, but might be best for the team to find an offensive minded HC.

The Jets are building a solid core of players at RB/WR/TE and have one of the top front 7 units in the league (not to mention one of the youngest).

Offseason needs - OL, CB, QB, WR (depending if Harvin works out), LB. Need to also lock up some of the key pieces of this team (Wilkerson, Richardson)

WaxPax

Yea, this......

woodyjohnsonbillboard_zpsa0c876bb.jpg

Members online

Latest posts