Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the hype with Samoa Joe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
NXT's newest arrival, Samoa Joe, has created a lot of buzz and headlines with the IWC......
My question is, why?

I understand he's a big Indie guy
Was a strong competitor and face in TNA for many years
But what's the big deal?

His look is so distractingly awful I can't appreciate any of his "agile fat guy moves"

Doesn't sell particularly well
Not much showmanship
Good wrestling capability but obvious that he doesn't have the ability to put on a PPV match "huffing and puffing" from a few moves and some chinlocks (chinlock city!! Lol)

Anyone care to comment?
I just don't see what's the big deal

Thanks

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Loved him in TNA a long time ago. Haven't really watched TNA since like 2008 though. But I think he went through some pretty awful gimmicks and angles since then too.

Joe's a great worker. He has a violent style that the fans will love. Just like Owens.

He'll adapt to the WWE style well, and will open the door for more TNA stars to get a shot in th future.

I'm not sure Joe will succeed in WWE. He may. But I'm not totally sold yet though.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
NXT's newest arrival, Samoa Joe, has created a lot of buzz and headlines with the IWC......
My question is, why?
Anyone care to comment?
I just don't see what's the big deal

Thanks

No amount of words on a message board will answer that question if you're not willing to watch some of his old matches and promos from the past 15 years. Look for matches vs. CM Punk, AJ Styles, Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, Kenta Kobashi and Kurt Angle.

Last edited:

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I don't think he's really 'cared' the last few years. If he would do the Steen thing and take like 6 months to get in 2006 shape, then, WWE might be sitting on a gold mine. His ROH / early TNA stuff is off the charts.

Think of him as a Tazz type clone. There isn't going to be a lot of pomp & circumstance. There will be high impact maneuvers. I do agree his cardio has to improve, though.

Members online

Latest posts