Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any updates from the National?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'm back from the National - had a great time and managed to find most cards on my want list - I also had some great grades - but will share those when they come in two weeks.

pickups that I really wanted and was able to buy:
NT RPA Blake Bortles BGS 9.5/10
NT RPA Teddy Bridgewater (it graded a 9.5/10)
NT RPA Derek Carr (graded a 9.5/9)
3x BGS 9.5 2014 Bowman Chrome Auto Tyler Beede
a couple of Johnny Manziel's.

My Johnny Manziel RPA from NT graded a 9.5/10 also, so i was super happy.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I'm at O'Hare waiting for my flight. I have some time to kill, so I thought I'd give a really quick rundown. I was at the Natty from Thursday until around 2:30 on Sunday.

Finished my '70 and '75 football sets and my '70 and '72 baseball sets. Made some great progress on my new Red Man project. Hit a bunch of other sets as well.

Then I went a little crazy. Instead of sticking to the plan and whittling down a few sets even further, yesterday I decided to start a new one: 1953 Bowman Color. I've always loved that set - it's really the most beautiful post-war set imo. Got a great deal from a couple of my favorite dealers, scoring a few dozen beaters to get me well on my way.

The crazy actually began on Thursday afternoon, though. At no time prior to the Natty was I thinking, "I need to own a T-3". Happened by a table that is OBC-friendly and got to talking to him a little. Saw his stack of Turkey Reds with a Brooklyn player on top. Made the mistake of picking it up. About three minutes later I was pulling out my wallet. My first T-3!

x3xuoh.jpg

So now I have a problem. I really like this card. Can't stop looking at it, can't stop showing to everyone I know. So Friday I go back and grabbed this:

344s9xy.jpg

I was going to buy a third one and had negotiated a price for it, but I waited too long. It was a gorgeous horizontal Jordan fielding pose, already in a SGC slab. Oh well, another will come along. In the meantime I'm very happy with my new Turkey Reds.

I'll do a proper write up when I get home and supply some better scans.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm at O'Hare waiting for my flight. I have some time to kill, so I thought I'd give a really quick rundown. I was at the Natty from Thursday until around 2:30 on Sunday.

Finished my '70 and '75 football sets and my '70 and '72 baseball sets. Made some great progress on my new Red Man project. Hit a bunch of other sets as well.

Then I went a little crazy. Instead of sticking to the plan and whittling down a few sets even further, yesterday I decided to start a new one: 1953 Bowman Color. I've always loved that set - it's really the most beautiful post-war set imo. Got a great deal from a couple of my favorite dealers, scoring a few dozen beaters to get me well on my way.

The crazy actually began on Thursday afternoon, though. At no time prior to the Natty was I thinking, "I need to own a T-3". Happened by a table that is OBC-friendly and got to talking to him a little. Saw his stack of Turkey Reds with a Brooklyn player on top. Made the mistake of picking it up. About three minutes later I was pulling out my wallet. My first T-3!

x3xuoh.jpg

So now I have a problem. I really like this card. Can't stop looking at it, can't stop showing to everyone I know. So Friday I go back and grabbed this:

344s9xy.jpg

I was going to buy a third one and had negotiated a price for it, but I waited too long. It was a gorgeous horizontal Jordan fielding pose, already in a SGC slab. Oh well, another will come along. In the meantime I'm very happy with my new Turkey Reds.

I'll do a proper write up when I get home and supply some better scans.

Outstanding stuff there, Geordie !!!!