Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unintentional results from your eBay saved searches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
What are some of the weird things that your eBay saved searches will accidentally drag up from the depths of eBay?

For example, I have a saved search for "Yount Museum" because I've been on the lookout for one of the artists sketches from that release (and I generally like the product as well). However, whenever this item gets relisted, I get an email: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sylvia-Youn...useum-of-Art-2008-HC-DJ-SIGNED-/401048197132?

Any other weird ones for you?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
My Cirillo searches bring up a book on tactical handguns and a few questionable DVD videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Back when I was going for the Absolute Jumbo set, I'd search for some of the rarer players by player name. There were countless ways for sellers to write a title and it was impossible to find everything. Hell, I found a rare Johnny Bench through a "Prime Cuts Stan Musial" search. One of the players I've never seen a jumbo for is Gaylord Perry, and I'd come across these all the time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oversize-Ju...hash=item41a25fcafe:m:mm3DRE4_W8D_mRYx4VZxFcw

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I have a search set up for "Stanton 1/1." Since he changed his name, sometimes I'd miss an early card because the seller lists it as "Mike" or "Michael"

The success rate of my search returning a Stanton card is around 90%, but the other 10% is pretty amusing.

27yst3.jpg

2vuiu6c.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I guess there is a Will Clark who was in **** and Mike Brown (esp in the Hands Up timeframe) have produced a few odd results.

Ryan

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal