Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I always hope to hit the best card of my players, but I never do. I've never bought a box specifically to try to pull a super-rare card, and never hit one. Maybe I should.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Collecting is entertainment, and sometimes it's good to mix it up a bit. Obviously the best route is to save up, but I was one of those people that started collecting in '87, stopped opening boxes in '91 and then did not open a box or take part of a break from 1990-2014 so I could concentrate on my PC. I recommend on occasion doing a player or team break here and there or just flat out buy a box for fun. It's a good change of pace, but of course, pick a product you have some sort of chance (albeit small) to add to your PC. I've only done 2 team breaks and 1 box break since '14 and was fortunate enough to hit the PC lottery, but even without that happening, I still think it's a fun thing to throw in here and there to mix up collecting a bit. But if you have to choose one or the other, save, don't bust. You don't want to kick yourself for having some fun gambling and then missing out on the real and more likely opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts