User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cubs to option Schwarber to AAA.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    I never have, and never will dislike the fan voting for the ASG.

It's supposed to be a fun thing for the fans. That the entire idea.

I HATED the 'it matters' idea from the start though. It shouldn't matter. It's supposed to be a fun game for the fans to watch the players they voted I. And that's what it is. I don't care if the entire starting 9 are from one team.

I will say that I don't like that every team has to be represented.
    I agree with most of what you said.

<deleted text. [MENTION=1843]rob167[/MENTION] just notified me AS game no longer determines home field advantage so the drivel I was going on about no longer matters>

Then again, my 2 favorite teams haven't made the WS in over a decade and I rarely actually watch the AS game so it's not that big of deal for me anyway.
    Last edited by death2redemptions; 06-23-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnryno View Post
    He batted over .400 in 20 PA during the WS. And this was coming off surgery ice cold. If that is mediocre, consider me Miles Davis.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If peeing in your pants is cool, then...............
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

rob167
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I agree with most of what you said.

My biggest gripe with the All-Star game is the fact that it determines who gets home field advantage. This is my only reason for disliking fan voting because if the AS game could potentially affect the outcome of the World Series then only the best players should be representing the league.

However, as you said, the AS game is supposed to be something fun for the fans, therefor we should get the vote.

So I'm sort of divided on the concept of fan voting. A good way of fixing this is by doing away with this entire winner gets home field advantage situation. That way, we no longer need to worry about having the best players on the field.

Then again, my 2 favorite teams haven't made the WS in over a decade and I rarely actually watch the AS game so it's not that big of deal for me anyway.
    Pretty sure, starting this season, the All-Star game no longer determines home field advantage for the World Series...

Sent from my LG-US996 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob167 View Post
    Pretty sure, starting this season, the All-Star game no longer determines home field advantage for the World Series...

Sent from my LG-US996 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Can't believe I hadn't heard about that but I'm glad they fixed it. Any other changes to the All-Star game I should know about?
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cubs to option Schwarber to AAA.

No sliding, no inside pitches and everyone gets a ribbon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnryno View Post
    He batted over .400 in 20 PA during the WS. And this was coming off surgery ice cold. If that is mediocre, consider me Miles Davis.
    Obviously Kyle does not value our friendship as much as I do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12