Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90's Break - we're full!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I would love to host a part 2. I do agree, we can make some changes to the format. This was (is) a fun experiment. Many of you have provided some great suggestions, the majority of which I tried to incorporate into this break.

I enjoy the random slot draft because it prevents people from claiming their players as soon as the break is announced. There are a ton of Griffey/Jeter/Thomas collectors, and I wanted everyone to have a fair shot at their guy, or, at the very least, a chance to do some backroom dealings to get a higher pick.

The reason for having AL/NL leftovers last is so that you know exactly who you aren’t getting. I understand that we may want to draft those spots anywhere in the lineup next time; I just wanted to provide an explanation.

After this break ships, I’ll start a part 2 thread where we’ll hash out everything for the second go-round.

Let’s talk break times! I’m planning a 2-part break. 8 boxes one night, 9 the next. Some of those MVP and Fleer Tradition boxes have 36 packs. I am available to break Thursday and Friday night. The soonest I can do is 5:30pm PST Thursday and 4pm Friday. I know it will be late for those of you on the East coast, but it will be recorded for all to see.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Sounds great - thanks for being open to feedback and of course, for hosting.

Have another reason to look forward to the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Anyone interested in NL teams/players ahead of the break send me an offer. I'm also willing to deal after the break. Biggio is the only player I'm not willing to move.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
FINAL LIST
===========

1. 1. soxcolts-- chose FRANK THOMAS
2. 22 Aumike1976-- chose KEN GRIFFEY JR
3. 7. Tidel144 -- chose DEREK JETER
4. 18. Gwynn545--chose TONY GWYNN
5. 25. JuanLastTime- chose JUAN GONZALEZ
6 .4. Banjar--chose ROBERTO ALOMAR
7. 14. Joey_Peapod--chose CAL RIPKEN JR
8. 28. cubfan131-- chose SAMMY SOSA
9. 21. Letch77--chose ALEX RODRIGUEZ
10. 11. Caster513--chose CHIPPER JONES
11. 3. Therion--chose MIKE PIAZZA
12. 29. CardboardRectangles--chose BARRY LARKIN
13. 26. maetracewslover—chose JEFF BAGWELL
14. 13. Linuxabuser—chose BARRY BONDS
15. 10. Bane50--chose MARK MCGWIRE
16. 33. verdammt--chose GREG MADDUX
17. 32. BenG76--chose IVAN RODRIGUEZ
18. 20. Sonic311--chose VLADIMIR GUERRERO
19. 30. mattglet--chose JOSE CANSECO
20. 8. Mansgame--chose ALBERT BELLE
21. 2. jeffv96masters--chose NOMAR GARCIAPARRA
22. 5. Michaelstepper--chose EDGAR MARTINEZ
23. 27. cubfan131--chose ROGER CLEMENS
24. 15. athletics07--chose HIDEO NOMO
25. 24. Joey_Peapod--chose CHAN HO PARK
26. 2.jeffv96masters--chose PEDRO MARTINEZ
27. 2. jeffv96masters--chose TODD HELTON
28. 9. Letch77--chose RANDY JOHNSON
29. 31. BenG76-- chose FRED MCGRIFF
30. 16. Therion-- chose MANNY RAMIREZ
31. 23. Brandt504--chose WILL CLARK
32. 12. linuxabuser--chose AL WILDCARD (undrafted AL players)
33. 17. bstanwood--chose NL WILDCARD (undrafted NL players)

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'm good with the Thursday/Friday break. I'll have to watch the recording of Friday's, but I can do that Saturday morning! Two part break would definitely be the way to go.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
So pumped for this can't wait! Thanks [MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] for working with me for some other stuff I may need. Good luck to all and I hope we get a bunch of good hits for everyone.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Only change to format next time is leave it at 30 spots, which would be a few extra dollars per person. Then make round one be pick any player and round two (snakes back so last pick in round one gets first pick in round two) you pick which team you want the leftovers from.

That would be worth the extra $4 a spot. Bet some trading occurs because last pick gets Will Clark but might take Yankees team since he gets first team pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
Only change to format next time is leave it at 30 spots, which would be a few extra dollars per person. Then make round one be pick any player and round two (snakes back so last pick in round one gets first pick in round two) you pick which team you want the leftovers from.

That would be worth the extra $4 a spot. Bet some trading occurs because last pick gets Will Clark but might take Yankees team since he gets first team pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I like it!!!

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
I vote for a later time so people will be home from work and late enough for people on the west coast. Say like 7:30pm EST?

Linux said 5:30pm Pacific (8:30pm Eastern) is earliest he can do on Thursday and 4pm Pacific (7pm Eastern) on Friday so these times essentially line up with what you're preferring

Members online

Latest posts