Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospectors: What Do You Do With Profits?

What Do You Do With Profits?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Depends...

If I am actually buying something big outside of the card world, I'll move some stuff and use the money on it of course.

If I don't need the money for other stuff, most of it goes back into cards.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I blow it on wax.

It's a great system - I save 100 tommy hanson chromes for two years, and make $250 profit, then I blow it on one box of Upper deck radiance basketball and lose $250 in five seconds, then buy another pack thinking i'm going to pull a lebron jordan dual auto, then I lose another $250 a minute later...all that hard work and strategy down the drain in a minute :D

At least I can brag about how much money I make on cards on these boards! :oops: :oops:

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Reinvest it is, since I don't have many outside expenses yet nor do I get more money to spend on cards. What I earn from cards is strictly what I spend on cards.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Spend it on more cardboard. Unfortunately I have been a hypocrite. My spending has exceeded my revenue, much like the government I criticize. I'm in the process of a medium sized sell off.

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
On the rare occasion I make a profit( ah remember 04-07 :) ) I like to spend it on swimming pool supplies. My pool is giving me far more joy than my bb cards nowadays. Or fine meats for the grill.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
Massage parlor for my profits.....these days I have to sell Laporta or better just to get a happy ending.....j/k

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
lvdan said:
On the rare occasion I make a profit( ah remember 04-07 :) ) I like to spend it on swimming pool supplies. My pool is giving me far more joy than my bb cards nowadays. Or fine meats for the grill.

What kind of pool do you have? I put one in last year and it is a Salt System and the cost for maintenance is relative, maybe $500 for the entire swim season [May-OCtober usually]

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
It depends. I have one account that all my card/memorabilia cash goes into. Everytime I buy, it comes out of there, everytime I sell it goes in there. I have way more than just prospects, so it's impossible to know whether prospect money is just sitting in there or if it went to something else. Prospects are like 10% of what I deal in probably so it's tough to tell.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I use my profits to buy raw materials needed to craft kitty cat wigs.

il_430xN.10812831.jpg
25%20CAT%20WIG%20PHOTO.JPG

cat_fashion_sense_03.jpg
wig_cat.jpg

Members online

Latest posts