Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Looks like all of them... but I can go through them better tomorrow. The only thing that might be missing is I know there's a glossy version of at least one of them.

rookie380

Sep 10, 2008
Dickson, TN
You guys have some awsome Ripkens!!

Here is the last one I added to the PC

02fleerPlatNationalpatchtime.jpg

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Snyper said:
This Ripken was listed for maybe 2-3 minutes and I wasn't about to let it stay there. Hit the BIN at $120. THRILLED about this one. Pretty tough card.

FleerIronManBatAuto.jpg

Saw that you had this card listed again, didn't like it or what?

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
I posted this in the Help thread but I figured I would post it here to, since I have a pull to show. If any of you Ripken collector want to check out my Ripken Collection on my trade page I have some nice jerseys and some inserts that are always for trade

RipkenFront.jpg

RipkenBack.jpg

AND MY PULL (Goodwin Mini black printing plate 1/1)
Ripken.jpg

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I sent another pair of '82 Topps rookie cards to Bobby Bonner and he included a signed pamphlet about his playing days and current ministry. Plan on reading it tonight.

Recently I interviewed the guy who created the 1981 Rochester TCMA cards. In the process I asked if I could send him something to sign and he agreed. I opted to print a custom 1981 TCMA card of Cal. Here's how it looked once it was printed and how it looked signed. Probably not a huge deal for a lot but considering that I pretty much stick to the minor league stuff I was thrilled with it. I thought about getting a real TCMA card signed by Mike and Cal but I may just send this one for Cal to sign.

ripkenbronze.jpg

tcmaaronstein.jpg

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Ripken collectors, I have a question for you.

I bought a Cal Ripken Jr. card today at my LCS. It's from 1995 Pacific Collection. It is not the Gold Prism. I do not have scan of it as yet, but it has a prismy type design on the front, with Ripken in batting stance with bat above his head.

I am wondering if it is the 1995 Pacific Latinos Destacados, #10 and the background is in Spanish. with the same info in English right next to it.

I looked up the checklist, it is not the Latinos Destacados as Ripken is not in the set. I am clueless.

Any clues?

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Jack Straw said:
1995 Pacific Prisim. According to my SCD it has both Spanish and English on backs. The picture looks the same as in the book.
Ripken books for 5 bucks.

Well crap, I'm glad I only paid 5 bucks for it then. Thought I had maybe found something.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Looking back through this thread, I'm surprised I haven't posted anything before. I'm not a Ripken collector per se, but he's one of those "keeper" kind of guys. Whatever I pull, I keep. But if some of these cards are of interest to you real fans, PM me. Anyway, here's some of my fave inserts and such.

cal2-1.jpg

Hard Hat #2675/5000, UD Immaculate Perception #0978/1000.

cal1.jpg

A favorite old Beckett cover.

RipkenBeckett.jpg

And a redeemed winning Predictor card. Still has the protective coating on it, so it looks cloudy.

rippredict.jpg

Members online

Latest posts