Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

January FCB Group Sub - Grades Posted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
bear0555 said:
Got them today as well. I'm happy overall but man, did you see how badly they damaged my lasorda? That's worth a thread of its own once I'm done with my finals. Thanks again for the submission!
scan or ban

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I got mine in yesterday too. Thanks to FCB for offering this great service, and I'm sure at some point I'll be joining in on another one of these.

I was really surprised to get a 9 on this card because of the centering on the back. Some how it got a 9.5 on centering though. I only wish that they put these cards in so the back of the card was showing on the side with the grade. The back is what differentiates them, so that's what I like to scan. Either way, I'm happy with the 9 on a card that only 4 copies exist.
00015.jpg

Got these ones in nice BGS Authentic slabs. I know, I know: "Why get printing plates graded?" Well, I want to get BGS 9 or better slabs of every Hanley rookie and get the extremely limited copies in authentic slabs if they don't grade 9 or better. Unlike most, I actually like the blue labels. Only complaint here is that I would have like them to include what color plate the card is on the label.
2003-044.jpg2003-062.jpg2003-063.jpg

Finally, my big issue with BGS on this submission... I sent in the two versions of his minor miracles autograph cards. One is the regular signature #/150 and the other is the gold signature #/25. For anyone who doesn't know, there are three copies of this card. The Lowell Spinner issue with stats and a picture on the back, and the two autographed ones that have a white back with minor miracles printed on it. There is also a space for hand numbering underneath the minor miracles logo. The first one got what I expected, BGS Authentic with a 10 autograph.
2003-024.jpg
The second came back like this:
2003-025.jpg
The reason it did not grade authentic is because they say that the original signature had been erased. In my opinion, this is completely inaccurate. There is an indentation of another signature that it appears he signed a photo or something else on top of the card and it got pressed into my card. After examining the base version /150 I saw that the marker he used does not leave any indentations, so it would be impossible for someone to erase it and forge a gold signature on the card and leave the indentation. Also, the same marker was used for the numbering on the back and there were no indentations on the back on either card for the numbering. Also, every gold version I have seen has had the same type of gold marker used for the signature and the signature on mine looks authentic.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jeff550 said:
bear0555 said:
Got them today as well. I'm happy overall but man, did you see how badly they damaged my lasorda? That's worth a thread of its own once I'm done with my finals. Thanks again for the submission!
scan or ban

I went through the cards pretty quick, so I didn't see that. If you could scan it and let me know though we can get you fixed up.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Anyone else notice that there seemed to be alot of stuff stuck in the slabs? Looks like cardboard fibers in a few. Pretty poor slabbing job I think.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
masonphillip said:
jeff550 said:
bear0555 said:
scan or ban

I went through the cards pretty quick, so I didn't see that. If you could scan it and let me know though we can get you fixed up.

I've posted all the info about it in the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82631

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts