Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So how long will the greatness last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
predatorkj said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Certifieds are cool but you have nothing to show for with them... sure maybe you got lucky and pulled something nice but did you actually meet the person to get the auto? That is what I am talking about.

Being an IP collector I get to see and meet so many people... even if I don't get their auto, I still get to meet them or at least see them..

True and this is what makes IP's such a great experience but IMO...there is just too many players I'd like to meet. I try to collect and keep up with so many different players that it would be impossible for me to ever meet them all. Not to mention I wouldn't exactly consider getting an IP auto meeting them. To me meeting them is getting to talk to them. Its rare that they have the time for much more than an auto.

If you do it right, they will talk to you. I am somewhat freinds with one of the Gopher's outfielders and I actually met him one day, his dad asked if I wanted to so I said "Of course!" Then my dad asked him for the auto lol. I go to the Caravan every year, and if you hop in the back of the line, you not only get a better sig, but the players will be more willing for a little chat. Most of the players I meet now-a-days are willing to say a few words to you.

Perhaps. I guess I just don't see it here. Seems like any time you try to talk to a player they aren't overly interested in the conversation. They usually just murmur something and then look to the next person.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
predatorkj said:
TBTwinsFan said:
predatorkj said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Certifieds are cool but you have nothing to show for with them... sure maybe you got lucky and pulled something nice but did you actually meet the person to get the auto? That is what I am talking about.

Being an IP collector I get to see and meet so many people... even if I don't get their auto, I still get to meet them or at least see them..

True and this is what makes IP's such a great experience but IMO...there is just too many players I'd like to meet. I try to collect and keep up with so many different players that it would be impossible for me to ever meet them all. Not to mention I wouldn't exactly consider getting an IP auto meeting them. To me meeting them is getting to talk to them. Its rare that they have the time for much more than an auto.

Well if it is before-the-game autos than yes, they won't chat. Anytime else though they will be more willing (depending on the person). I usually have a nice conversation with Bert Blyleven whenever I meet him. I shared a few words with Nicky Delmonico... but I suppose it is the league too...

If you do it right, they will talk to you. I am somewhat freinds with one of the Gopher's outfielders and I actually met him one day, his dad asked if I wanted to so I said "Of course!" Then my dad asked him for the auto lol. I go to the Caravan every year, and if you hop in the back of the line, you not only get a better sig, but the players will be more willing for a little chat. Most of the players I meet now-a-days are willing to say a few words to you.

Perhaps. I guess I just don't see it here. Seems like any time you try to talk to a player they aren't overly interested in the conversation. They usually just murmur something and then look to the next person.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Well if it is before-the-game autos than yes, they won't chat. Anytime else though they will be more willing (depending on the person). I usually have a nice conversation with Bert Blyleven whenever I meet him. I shared a few words with Nicky Delmonico... but I suppose it is the league too...

Members online

Latest posts