Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay drives me fracking crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

So recently I had a hockey GU up for sale and in the description of the auction i had "Shipping ONLY to US"

The moron that bought it lives up north and sent me this after I told her that she should have read my description.

"Yes and usually people that say only ship to US means both US & Canada.So now that you messaged me after I won this item what do you wanna do before I pay for it"

Anyway I can refund this before I have to pay 34872346$ to ship it to Canada? ::facepalm::

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
RandomH said:
So recently I had a hockey GU up for sale and in the description of the auction i had "Shipping ONLY to US"

The moron that bought it lives up north and sent me this after I told her that she should have read my description.

"Yes and usually people that say only ship to US means both US & Canada.So now that you messaged me after I won this item what do you wanna do before I pay for it"

Anyway I can refund this before I have to pay 34872346$ to ship it to Canada? ::facepalm::

Contact ebay that way in case they try and leave you a negative ebay will know and possibly will remove it

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
RandomH said:

Why don't you just block accounts registered outside the US on Ebay? That way Ebay won't allow them to bid on your items.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
He got balls to tell you 'now that you messaged me after I won' if it was already stated !

In your case, i would contact ebay, they will cancel it if you stated it and do not want to ship the card in another country.

On the other hand, i am Canadian, and usually if i log on ebay.ca (not .com), i only see auctions available for shipment to Canada.

RandomH

sebpoo said:
He got balls to tell you 'now that you messaged me after I won' if it was already stated !

In your case, i would contact ebay, they will cancel it if you stated it and do not want to ship the card in another country.

On the other hand, i am Canadian, and usually if i log on ebay.ca (not .com), i only see auctions available for shipment to Canada.
I mean I don't hate on you guys, but what pissed me off is the dude/dudet sent me that after it was EXPRESSED clearly in the damn description and the side description.

How do I go about contacting ebay so they can cancel it?

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Let me preface what I'm about to say that I get your point about what you stated in the auction. No argument there.

But if this item is one of the items in your completed listings that sold for a buck or two, what are you worried about? Just send it and be done with it. It'll get there.

If it is a higher priced item, then certainly ignore what I just said.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I agree. If it is a low end item and the seller has solid feedback just send it

ccouch (Chad) said:
Let me preface what I'm about to say that I get your point about what you stated in the auction. No argument there.

But if this item is one of the items in your completed listings that sold for a buck or two, what are you worried about? Just send it and be done with it. It'll get there.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Huffamaniac said:

ccouch (Chad) said:

This.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
gvsu96 said:
Huffamaniac said:

ccouch (Chad) said:

This.

F That!!! Seller clearly stated no international shipping end of story. It is ignorant as hell for the buyer to ignore the buyers requirements.

OP, next time make sure that you check all the areas you won't ship to in your shipping exclusion list. This automatically blocks international buyers.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Don't listen to these people. Do NOT send it.

I don't send internationally because I don't have time to do so. I ship from my house and I'll never and have never gone to the post office.

It doesn't matter if it sold for $1,000 or $1, if you said US only, its US only.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
frzg said:

I don't send internationally because I don't have time to do so. I ship from my house and I'll never and have never gone to the post office.

It doesn't matter if it sold for $1,000 or $1, if you said US only, its US only.

Oh Good Lord. It is a $1 card. Throw three first class stamps on a small bubble envelope and send the damn card. It isn't that time-consuming. If it gets lost (it won't), then you are out at most $5. Whoopty damn doo.

There's more time wasted posting "what do I do" messages on here and monkeying around trying to get a transaction cancelled over what... a couple of bucks? Come on.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
ccouch (Chad) said:
frzg said:

Oh Good Lord. It is a $1 card. Throw three first class stamps on a small bubble envelope and send the damn card. It isn't that time-consuming. If it gets lost (it won't), then you are out at most $5. Whoopty damn doo.

There's more time wasted posting "what do I do" messages on here and monkeying around trying to get a transaction cancelled over what... a couple of bucks? Come on.

Don't forget about the customs form you need to fill out. Shipping out of the country is a pain. Gotta love standing in line at the post office for a half hour to send an item to Canada because a buyer can't read. It isn't as easy as throwing 3 stamps on an envelope and putting it in the mail box guy.

OP, go to resolve a problem from the sold item link. You should be able to cancel from there. In Paypal just click on the detail of the transaction and look for issue a refund. Send the money back and all should be good.

Blame Canada

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ccouch (Chad) said:
frzg said:

Agreed, no need for drama on a dollar item. I would ship it out and check your settings like Sweetness said.

Members online

Latest posts