Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Mailday!] DK Recollection Style! HoF and one on the way out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Burbank actually cut me a deal (SHOCKER!) on a package deal for these two. Both for $335. Paid for by my Canary 1/1 sale.

First is a nice 1983 HoF Heroes Recollection:

Robinson_Reco.jpg

#'d 2/8

Next is a really nice one that I know multiple people have had their eyes on. I have contacted SLY about his copy many times, and he's been relentlessly not budging. Well, I got a cockamamie scheme in my head to make us both happy. He benefits most from the serial numbering.. so - a few PMs later - we worked out a swap. His #'d to 12 for this one:

SLY_Reynolds_Reco.jpg

#'d 1/1

If you see the copy I'll be getting (In SLY's sig or my bucket soon), it lacks a scripture. I think it's a nice touch for the 1/1, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Thanks for the looks, guys!

A_Pharis

mlbsalltimegreats said:
Awsome Adam! Nice sale on the Canary. I love watching you put this iconic set together :) .

I always considered submitting it to beckett for a blurb since I've seen many other set collections in there. do you guys think it would be well-received or conceited?

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
A_Pharis said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Awsome Adam! Nice sale on the Canary. I love watching you put this iconic set together :) .

I always considered submitting it to beckett for a blurb since I've seen many other set collections in there. do you guys think it would be well-received or conceited?

I think that you may be better served until your closer to finishing it. There have already been attempts to screw you out of some of your needs. Though you might also find some cards that you have not yet seen!

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
darrend505 said:
A_Pharis said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:

I think that you may be better served until your closer to finishing it. There have already been attempts to screw you out of some of your needs. Though you might also find some cards that you have not yet seen!

I would personally love to see it but darrend might be right on. Think burbank knew of your collection and cut you a deal? What attempts to screw you have been made? That's pretty sad.

A_Pharis

spahnandsain said:
darrend505 said:
A_Pharis said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:

I would personally love to see it but darrend might be right on. Think burbank knew of your collection and cut you a deal? What attempts to screw you have been made? That's pretty sad.

I've have sellers tell me that they've had people message them with my eBay name saying that I am a scammer and to not sell to me off of eBay or to cancel my bids.

Trust me.. around 10% off of burbank's prices is a pretty good deal considering I'd not find them elsewhere.

A_Pharis

Junior Griffey said:
I'm confused, but also very tired. Did you trade a 1/1 for one of the same guy /12?

And cash, but yes. You see, all of mine are going into UV protected one-touches. Then they are going to be framed behind a UV Lens (much like acrylic). It's museum/archival quality. Since it's going to be framed, you won't be able to see the numbering. Sly, however, has a loose collection and would be able to benefit more from the numbering.

I knew he wanted it so we worked out a deal.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Junior Griffey":2jz5sgsu]I'm confused, but also very tired. Did you trade a 1/1 for one of the same guy /12?

And cash, but yes. You see, all of mine are going into UV protected one-touches. Then they are going to be framed behind a UV Lens (much like acrylic). It's museum/archival quality. Since it's going to be framed, you won't be able to see the numbering. Sly, however, has a loose collection and would be able to benefit more from the numbering.

I knew he wanted it so we worked out a deal.[/quote:2jz5sgsu]

Adam, cannot wait to see this when its framed! Any pics of them all together layed out?

A_Pharis

darrend505 said:
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Junior Griffey":298ngkjb]I'm confused, but also very tired. Did you trade a 1/1 for one of the same guy /12?

Adam, cannot wait to see this when its framed! Any pics of them all together layed out?[/quote:298ngkjb]

Not yet. I have them all in a nice sturdy photobox. They actually line up nice and snug in there. I have some custom foam pieces in it to fill in the open area. 80 cards in one touches is heavier than you might imagine. lol.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
A_Pharis said:
darrend505 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1h1ut9kj][quote="Junior Griffey":1h1ut9kj]I'm confused, but also very tired. Did you trade a 1/1 for one of the same guy /12?

Adam, cannot wait to see this when its framed! Any pics of them all together layed out?[/quote:1h1ut9kj]

Not yet. I have them all in a nice sturdy photobox. They actually line up nice and snug in there. I have some custom foam pieces in it to fill in the open area. 80 cards in one touches is heavier than you might imagine. lol.[/quote:1h1ut9kj]

I'm sure, you oughta try a card house with 12 sets averaging 700+ cards all in sleeves! Heavy!

Members online

Latest posts