Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Question

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Question

Question for the player collectors and 90s guys:

How many copies of your guy do you own, or have you seen total?

I own three copies of Brad Fullmer's card but I cannot, for twelve years of my life, find a Matt Luke #122. I know a guy who has either two or three copies, but I have never seen a copy for sale (must of missed his finds).

Has anyone seen more than say, five, of a given player? Especially semis and minor star guys? The scarcity of these cards seems odd considering how heavily this product was broken back them (Piece of History, Griffey Auto, Game Jerseys, J.D. Drew hysteria, etc...).

This card has achieved that rare status of bordering on "non-existent" at this point, along with the following long-term needs of mine:

1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Brad Fullmer Freshman Orientation Samples
    1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Paul Konerko Freshman Orientation Samples
    1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Brad Fullmer Major League Hard Drives Samples
    1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified Brad Fullmer Mirrors
    1999 Topps Brad Fullmer MVP Promotion
    2000 Topps Brad Fullmer MVP Promotion

And I'll say it anyway: If anyone has leads on any of the above-mentioned cards, please let me know.
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Question

Oh, and what about the non-serial numbered ones? I believe I saw a Mark Grace pop up somewhere recently. Anyone else own one of those?
    https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

https://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

curtschillingcollector
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only seen one other copy and it was the regular, non-checklist version. Very tough to find.

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I owned a John Rocker Level 2 #'ed 9/10 that I stupidly traded off in a deal last summer. Pulled it from a pack and almost creamed myself. The shop I traded it to still has it so I may be able to get it if anyone needs it, depending what he's charging for it.

I also have a Bobby Abreu Level 1 #'ed /100, bought it for 25 at the same shop mentioned above. There's almost 100 on COMC at really good prices, I just picked up a David Ortiz for $5 and a Curt Schilling Season Highlight (same as in schillingfan's post) for $2.40.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up my Gaetti #/100 so long ago, I can't remember what I paid for it! But I remember Blowout had two--TWO!--of the #/10 for a BIN of $68. for a long time. Haven't seen them listed for awhile, so either they kept them or someone with deeper pockets than me nabbed them. Sure would like to add one to the PC, though.
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level 1 Level 2

Only have one Level 1, it's serial numbered to his Jersey #017/100, so never bothered to pick up another.

The Level 2's are a different story. Level 2 First Series UD were 1/1's. Level 2 Second Series were #/10. Grace was first series, so theoretically a 1/1. Last year I picked up one, but it is not serial numbered. Not sure where it came from (besides eBay) - probably replacement stock.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got multiple copies of the Mariano Rivera base (one sold for cheap last night) and MR Foreign Focus subset. I've also got the FF 1/1.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only seen a couple of Fryman level 1, easily less than 10 and probably no more than 5 really that I can recall. He was a first series as well, so Level 2 was a 1/1. I was fortunate enough to find it though.

Travis Fryman & Steve Yzerman. https://chief7575.webs.com/index.html
    Fryman wants (any 1/1's)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as it stands, it's safe to say that three copies on average of most players have been spotted. That is pretty low considering how much product was broken.

Even if you consider twenty or so collectors building complete sets, there is still a large chunk unaccounted for.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. Does anyone have any new information regarding the Series 1, level 2 exclusives and why some would not be serial numbered? Are we still essentially dealing with a 1/1?

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be wary. My Mariano Rivera Foreign Focus 1/1 is serial numbered on the back.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_hitter View Post
    I would be wary. My Mariano Rivera Foreign Focus 1/1 is serial numbered on the back.
    I ask since the Grace above is noted as not being serial numbered. We're not dealing with Pinnacle so I can't see it being a backdoor issue.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Level 1 #108 Want 100
    1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Level 2 #108 Want 1
    RoncalliJetsForever9096822
    HOFer Craig Biggio-1469/4879-29% Craig Biggio Card Site
    HOFer
    Derrick Brooks-260/773-33% Derrick Brooks Card Site

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    I ask since the Grace above is noted as not being serial numbered. We're not dealing with Pinnacle so I can't see it being a backdoor issue.
    I've seen backdoored cards from every company...even though I have seen relatively few from UD I wouldn't automatically discount them being backdoored if they are unnumbered.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilferules View Post
    I've seen backdoored cards from every company...even though I have seen relatively few from UD I wouldn't automatically discount them being backdoored if they are unnumbered.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Not discounting it entirely but it seems unlikely. Also, considering how infrequently these come around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast