Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Reds Top 10 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Devin Mesoraco, c
2. Billy Hamilton, ss
3. Yonder Alonso, 1b/of
4. Yasmani Grandal, c
5. Zack Cozart, ss
6. Daniel Corcino, rhp
7. Robert Stephenson, rhp
8. DiDi Gregorius, ss
9. Todd Frazier, 3b/1b/of
10. Brad Boxberger, rhp

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Yonder Alonso
Best Power Hitter Neftali Soto
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Yonder Alonso
Fastest Baserunner Billy Hamilton
Best Athlete Billy Hamilton
Best Fastball Daniel Corcino
Best Curveball J.C. Sulbaran
Best Slider Tim Crabbe
Best Changeup Daniel Renken
Best Control Justice French
Best Defensive Catcher Tucker Barnhart
Best Defensive Infielder Didi Gregorius
Best Infield Arm Didi Gregorius
Best Defensive Outfielder Ryan LaMarre
Best Outfield Arm Yorman Rodriguez

PROJECTED 2015
LINEUP
Catcher Devin Mesoraco
First Base Joey Votto
Second Base Billy Hamilton
Third Base Todd Frazier
Shortstop Zack Cozart
Left Field Yonder Alonso
Center Field Drew Stubbs
Right Field Jay Bruce
No. 1 Starter Johnny Cueto
No. 2 Starter Aroldis Chapman
No. 3 Starter Homer Bailey
No. 4 Starter Daniel Corcino
No. 5 Starter Mike Leake
Closer Brad Boxberger

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
My Yonder Alonso stash likes that list! Now he just needs to find a position to play or be traded to a team in the AL.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Wonder if Grandal will be in another team's projected lineup as a catcher some time soon or do the Reds move him to another position.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
shayscards79 said:
Wonder if Grandal will be in another team's projected lineup as a catcher some time soon or do the Reds move him to another position.

He can't play any other position, or at least didn't even attempt it in HS, college, or the minors thus far. Either he or Mesoraco will likely be moved as both project as solid catchers. I don't think they project trades in these 2015 lineups. Cincy will have some interesting moves ahead of them with both Miami guys, Alonso and Votto. Yonder just isn't very good in LF, he projects as much more of an AL player splitting time between 1B and DH, and he's blocked by Votto at 1st currently. Yaz is currently blocked on the depth chart my Mesoraco so we'll likely see their future plans this season

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
From the chat:

Yorman Rodriguez (Venezuela): How come you don't love me anymore?

J.J. Cooper: Rodriguez has a long, long ways to go in the field and in the clubhouse. Really the 2011 season was in many ways a lost year for Rodriguez, both because of injuries that cut his season short and what up to now has been a reluctance to work to improve many of his shortcomings.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Billy Hamilton is probably the fastest guy in the minors from the stuff (albeit limited) I have read. I was lucky enough to pull an Xfractor of his in 2009 Bowman Draft.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A much better answer than the one above.

Kyle (Oxford): How close was Yorman Rodriguez to making the list? Have his tools dropped off at all, or is he falling because of makeup concerns? His production in the MWL didn't seem all that bad for his age.

J.J. Cooper: One follow-up question on Rodriguez. If you just look at his numbers, it doesn't look all that bad. But it's hard to find a decent report from someone who actually watched him play last year. He has the tools to be a center fielder, but he had to be moved to right field because he showed so little effort in center field (something that doesn't exactly make you popular with your pitchers). He can run well, but it's hard to find a scout who could make much of an evaluation on his speed because he rarely ran at full speed. If the light bulb comes on and he realizes how good he could be, he could really be something, but right now, he's shown no indication that he will do the things necessary to turn his raw tools into on-field production. The tools are still there, and he is still young, but he's further away now than he was a year ago. The most damning way to put it is that the Dayton Dragons became a much better team once Rodriguez was no longer playing. Contrast that to Ronald Torreyes who made the team significantly better when he arrived.

Members online

Latest posts