Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

post/opinion no longer available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Re: 1997 Score Stand and Deliver GOLD

Cobra29svt said:
Be8el0ve said:
JIMG28 said:
I found an old scan of a Ripken I had with red letters

WoW~! :eek: What a beauty! Are cards 21-24 the only ones that are red and stamped wild card?

Nope, see my scans on the 1st page. I have the Ripken & the Thomas (both wild cards), & neither are red. I'm not sure what to make of this?
Even in the SCD book it says "allowing the 1st 225 collectors that mailed in the 4 wild cards to receive a gold upgrade version off the set framed in glass. The gold cards have a gold foil background & have red foil highlights".
I don't really know what all of the other "golds" we have are then? This is the 1st time I've ever seen one w/ the red foil.

Maybe the first 225 sets redeemed had the gold cards with the red foil and any other sets redeemed after the first 225 were just the gold with the silver foil?

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va

Be8el0ve said:
Cobra29svt said:
Be8el0ve said:
JIMG28 said:
I found an old scan of a Ripken I had with red letters

WoW~! :eek: What a beauty! Are cards 21-24 the only ones that are red and stamped wild card?

Nope, see my scans on the 1st page. I have the Ripken & the Thomas (both wild cards), & neither are red. I'm not sure what to make of this?
Even in the SCD book it says "allowing the 1st 225 collectors that mailed in the 4 wild cards to receive a gold upgrade version off the set framed in glass. The gold cards have a gold foil background & have red foil highlights".
I don't really know what all of the other "golds" we have are then? This is the 1st time I've ever seen one w/ the red foil.

Maybe the first 225 sets redeemed had the gold cards with the red foil and any other sets redeemed after the first 225 were just the gold with the silver foil?

Not so sure. I've been trying to complete this set for a few years now, & I've NEVER seen a red version until now. With 24 cards in the set & 225 copies of each, that's 5400 "red" versions that were produced. I always figured the golds that I've seen were from a "broken" set. Never seen a full set in the glass display either.

JIMG28

Feb 24, 2012

Jack Straw said:
Do you remember if any of the other cards were/had red letters?

They all had red letters. I thought I had a picture of the framed set but I cant find it anywhere.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3]Stand and Deliver[/h] This 24-card set is broken into six separate four-card groupings and was part of a contest. Groups contain players from the following teams: 1-4 (Braves), 5-8 (Mariners), 9-12 (Yankees), 13-16 (Dodgers), 17-20 (Indians) and 21-24 (Wild Card). The four players featured within the Wild Card group are from "lesser" teams whom Pinnacle Brands thought had no shot at winning the 1997 World Series. Since the Florida Marlins won the World Series, the four Wild Cards wound up being the winning cards.
Hobbyists who held all four cards of the 1997 World Series Champion (or the four Wild Cards if one of the five selected teams did not win) could mail them to Pinnacle for a special Gold version of the set. Gold Stand and Deliver was limited to 275 sets and came encased in a glass frame. Because of the unusual distribution, Gold Stand and Deliver singles are difficult to find. The gold cards came in two different flavors, gold with silver letters and gold with red letters. The gold with red letters version is extremely rare.
All 24 cards come in 3 versions:

• Silver with gold letters
  • Gold with silver letters (rare as only 225 sets were produced)
  • Gold with red letters (extremely rare, print run is unknown)

1997StandandDeliverRED.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts