Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Man suing player for cards losing value…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Probably got some autographed stuff. Carmona/Hernandez played for the Dodgers briefly near the end of his career.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If you could sue someone for not living up to your expectations, we'd all be alternately broke and billionaires.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I can honestly say I have never "invested" in any card type or player. I have accumulated a lot of stuff over the last 45 years and have spent a fair amount of money, but it was and still is a fun hobby for me.

I do think about some of the value I do have and how that can be converted at some point, but to stockpile a player or card card set/type with the expectation of it growing like a stock value...Nope. That would just be stupid in my opinion. The guy probably got more than he deserved if there was a settlement that involved anything more than some autographs or a meeting with the player.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The big difference between most of your scenarios and this one is that Hernandez lied about a lot of things that inflated his value with collectors. It's still weak sauce, but very different from a prospect just flopping.

Members online

Latest posts