Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how many current mlb players smoke cigrits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
If you smoke and get sick or get cancer because of it I wil never feel bad or sorry for you.

If MLB players moke thats just idiotic.

You don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do? You don't drink don't smoke, what do you do?

Anyway, I don't know that anyone has ever made a big deal out of current players smoking, but I'd bet good money there are plenty that do. I quit but would be lying if I said burning a heater doesn't sound good every now and then.

You don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do? You don't drink don't smoke, what do you do?

Anyway, I don't know that anyone has ever made a big deal out of current players smoking, but I'd bet good money there are plenty that do. I quit but would be lying if I said burning a heater doesn't sound good every now and then.

Hmmm Lets see...I dont drink alcohol...I dont use cancer sticks...I collect sports cards...I support my high school...I hang out with my grandparents and go golfing...Thats about it I gues...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Subtle innuendos follow...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Hmmm Lets see...I dont drink alcohol...I dont use cancer sticks...I collect sports cards...I support my high school...I hang out with my grandparents and go golfing...Thats about it I gues...

Would you say that you are a music fan?

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
I was at Publix yesterday and they offered me a sample (shot glass size) of chocolate wine.

It was yummy.

Then I thought of the NFL thread. Shold I have driven home? OR stayed at Publix through the night?

Called a Cab home because you are an idiot for drinking. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

jeremy2

Jan 7, 2013
hmmm. basically the reason i asked is because of all the fancy training and health stuff players do now a days. i dont think smoking is bad for you but maybe if ur a pro athlete u cant run as fast cuz u cant breathe?

i know tim lincecum smokes weedamins anyone know about other players specifically??

jcgentile87

Dec 31, 2012
Baltimore MD
If you smoke and get sick or get cancer because of it I wil never feel bad or sorry for you.

If MLB players moke thats just idiotic.

I'm pretty sure smokers (myself included) dont care what people think about them smoking. It's our decision. If we get cancer we know its our fault but we could really care less if u feel bad/sorry for us.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I was at Publix yesterday and they offered me a sample (shot glass size) of chocolate wine.

It was yummy.

Then I thought of the NFL thread. Shold I have driven home? OR stayed at Publix through the night?

What kind? Chocovine is good

I have read that Craig biggio was a chain smoker. Not sure how he could ride his DUI bicycle without the chain.. But I guess he is smarter than me are.

*I stand corrected. After further research it was smokeless Tobacco that Craig biggio was addicted to. While at this time I cannot rule him out as a smoker I have no evidence of such. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused*

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Smoking makes you cool. I quit cold turkey almost 5 years ago, and it was tough. But if you really want to quit, you can quit. People who say they want to quit and continue to do whatever don't really want it as much as they think they want it. Willpower is a tough thing to utelize, but is a great quality to have if you can control it.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Interesting tidbit I was told by a NYP coach. The possession of any tobacco product by any player in MILB results in a $5,000 fine (quite a bit for some of the kids). Evidently before every game, two retirees check the clubhouse and are allowed to look for any tobacco products in plain view, or in places in an arms' reach of plain view. They also inspect the dugouts from the stands to see if anyone has a dip in or something. This seems to suggest that on-field use might diminish over time. Of course I recommended switching to Nicorete (former smoker, lover of nicorette...probably less harmful to the health). Evidently the kids mostly use coffee grinds, since it has that dip texture and instant energy boost. But still, at every level of the minors, there is a pretty heavy policing of tobacco products.

As to the merits of smoking. I was a Philosophy student (all the way through getting a Masters and getting into a couple PhD programs, but going another direction). I started as an 18 year old, mostly as an affectation. Philosophers smoke, right? Probably 2 packs/week except for 2 years of dating a girl who said no "attention" if I smelled like smoke. Well, I developed asthma at 22 and smoked intermittently until about 6 months ago (I literally don't even like them anymore, which feels very foreign to me, haha). I will say, in those 6 months I've had so much more pocket (card) money than I ever though possible. I live in NY so we pay out the butt for smokes. But even assuming say, MD. Say you are a pack a day smoker. That's over $200/month. Maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather have the cards than the cough.

I will chew nicorette for a long time though. 2-3 pieces a day. Seems a minor vice. I also drink a lot less than I used to when I smoked. Probably good in the long run, too.

Can we make that PSA? Get the cards, not the cough?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY

It was yummy.

Weren't you concerned about his mental stability in CG's thread? Now it is ok to take shots at him again?

Sent from my portable **** viewing device!

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Weren't you concerned about his mental stability in CG's thread? Now it is ok to take shots at him again?

Sent from my portable **** viewing device!
Was just about to post this. It's funny how the argument fits the agenda.

Jeff isn't the bad guy, though. He's just misunderstood.

Members online

Latest posts