Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************* Morning Threead ********** 9/26

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Howdy fellas. Been a busy morning, but a beautiful day. Work fed us today, for employee appreciation.

Choice of ribeye or KC strip, corn, baked potato and a choco chip cookie. :)

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Mail day. Received a 73 card Andre Dawson lot in today and this #07 /15:

scan0019.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Than you everyone. I was counting my 94 Upper Deck this morning before going out for a round of disc golf and I have 46 Electric Diamonds and none had silver on the back so I wanted to make sure I was looking for the correct variation and it is an obvious variation as I expected. Another card to added to my need list. Thanks again.

Good morning gents!

@Hawk8 - I could get you a pic tonight after I get home from work... I'm sure someone will have one for you before then though...

Get off at 330 and will snap a shot if I can find it quick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

@Hawk8, same here - only have front scanned. What are you wondering about the back?

94UPPERDECKED.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
[MENTION=2152]JustinG08[/MENTION]

That Bunning is awesome!
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

I would love that card if topps would stop using their old stock of silver Band-Aids

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Nice card hawk

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks!

@JustinG08

That Bunning is awesome!
@Hawk8

I would love that card if topps would stop using their old stock of silver Band-Aids

I know your feelings on those band aids lol, but I buy what they offer lol, just like the ripped cards. Hopefully I get the second ripped in tomorrow. Im going to see if I can finish counting my Upper Deck product today and start on my score product. I really want to get this count done.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Thanks!

I know your feelings on those band aids lol, but I buy what they offer lol, just like the ripped cards. Hopefully I get the second ripped in tomorrow. Im going to see if I can finish counting my Upper Deck product today and start on my score product. I really want to get this count done.
When I started back up again in 2008, I tried to win every auction and buy every card at shows.

Then I slowly realized that I didn't like a lot of what topps had to offer.

Bandaid autos, using the same photo from product to product and year to year.
Cubs pictures on Expos patch cards.

REDEMPTIONS

Dawson is a prolific signer. There is zero reason why an Andre Dawson card ever needs to be a redemption.

I guess I just got to a point where I realized I can never own everything, so I was no longer going to piss away money on things that are not even visually appealing to me.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
When I started back up again in 2008, I tried to win every auction and buy every card at shows.

Then I slowly realized that I didn't like a lot of what topps had to offer.

Bandaid autos, using the same photo from product to product and year to year.
Cubs pictures on Expos patch cards.

REDEMPTIONS

Dawson is a prolific signer. There is zero reason why an Andre Dawson card ever needs to be a redemption.

I guess I just got to a point where I realized I can never own everything, so I was no longer going to piss away money on things that are not even visually appealing to me.

It was a hard thing for me to realize coming back into the hobby that I was not going to be able to own every Dawson card made anymore. The only things I have tend to let slide so far are cards with Dawson and someone else on them especially all these autographed cards with two, three, or four players. One day, and that day may be soon at the rate i have been buy Dawson cards, I will start being more selective also. I also do not understand why they put Cubs patches on Expos cards or Expos patches on Cubs cards or 87 MVP inscriptions on Expos cards or 77 ROY on Cubs cards. And why aren't there more Red Sox and Marlins jersey cards?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
As for the wrong stickers and patches...laziness and ignorance.

I'm guessing there are less Boston and Florida jerseys because he played in each place for much less time than Montreal and Chicago.

I don't know that he even has a Marlins jersey card!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
As for the wrong stickers and patches...laziness and ignorance.

I'm guessing there are less Boston and Florida jerseys because he played in each place for much less time than Montreal and Chicago.

I don't know that he even has a Marlins jersey card!

I have a few Boston, but all the white ones could very well be a Boston, but to my knowledge I do not have a Marlins one. I know he only played 2 years in Boston and Florida compared to the 11 years he play in Montreal and the 6 years he played in Chicago, but the years in Boston and Miami are closer to the present so I figured less of that stuff would have been "lost" and more readily available.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mac - did you ever post your new cards?
I haven't yet. I literally spent a few hours last night just drooling. The collection was REALLY well kept... every card was in a penny sleeve, top loader, team bag and then had a sticker on the back identifying which card it is.

55-60 cards in all that I needed and most I've never even seen. I hope to get back after it tonight when I get home from work and get either a thread started to showcase them all or what. I'll probably do that an post a link in here, '90s thread and '00s thread given all will probably love to see this haul.

Puts me just shy of 89% of Belle's cards outstanding but I have a small COMCs lot incoming and about half a dozen cards coming from eBay, so I'm getting close to that 90% goal :eek:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
That's flipping amazing.. Sitting at almost 90% for a star nowadays.

Just booked flight to head to pasco for my grandpas funeral on Saturday. Not looking forward to that at all. I've been ok through the week but actually being there...

Sent from my iPhone

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That's flipping amazing.. Sitting at almost 90% for a star nowadays.
Thanks! I'm close but no cigar just yet... I'm about 40 cards away (before Topps adds more new ones with additional releases coming up) with about 5-10 incoming Belle cards right now. I'll be over 89% here soon... it'll be VERY tough to get to 90% or more :lol:

I did a quick calc and between outstanding 19998 Tek Diffractors, 1999 Tek Golds, all printing plates and all 1/1s that I still need, that pretty much makes up the VAST majority of the cards I clearly need of his... meaning unless I chip away at any of those four buckets, I'll be looking up at 90% for a long time :lol:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Between 3-4 hours left before making it to my dads. Been on the road for about 3 so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts