Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RG3 out of the league within FIVE years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Some suggest RG3 will not last because of his style and injury history. Now attitude and the way he acts off the field and his travel by limo to games instead of with the team. His line doesn't help him off the ground....Sacked 24 times in the last 5 games. He takes a beating. Long term, Luck and Russell Wilson are the future. Luck for his smarts and what he is doing for Indy and Russell Wilson for what making Seattle a S.B. contender already. Dump that RG3 stuff people while you can!

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
I don't see this being totally impossible. Although he was hot coming out of the draft and had a breakout rookie season, I think everyone really knew Luck was the quarterback of the future. This running QB fad is going to fizzles out in a few seasons but a solid pocket passer like Luck will always be in style.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Anything is possible but I want to see RGIII have a preseason before judging.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
One good year in college does not equal Heisman or jack in the NFL. Vince Young III will be gone very soon.....he SUCKS! And love the fact they mortgaged their future for him. The Rams thank you Dan Snyder.

He will not only be in the league he will be a superstar! Get him in an offense that uses the run to establish the pass and a head coach who doesn't sabotage the whole team and he will thrive!

As a dolphins fan Ryan tannehill is not better than rgiii at any single aspect of the game. He is in a dink and dunk offense and any throw beyond 12 yards has a 60% chance of hitting the ground. and in my opinion will be out of the league if the dolphins ever decide to rely on the attributes of a professional qb.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I don't think running QBs are ever the way to go. Obviously some have success, but a pocket passer always trumps a run first (or run 1B) QB. It's a passing league and a healthy pocket QB holds a lot more value than an oft-injured mobile QB.

I like RGIII and would like to see him succeed, but he needs to run as a last option and become better in the pocket.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
He will not only be in the league he will be a superstar! Get him in an offense that uses the run to establish the pass and a head coach who doesn't sabotage the whole team and he will thrive!

As a dolphins fan Ryan tannehill is not better than rgiii at any single aspect of the game. He is in a dink and dunk offense and any throw beyond 12 yards has a 60% chance of hitting the ground. and in my opinion will be out of the league if the dolphins ever decide to rely on the attributes of a professional qb.

I agree that Shanahan's offense is not ideally suited for Griffin, but I think his effectiveness as a runner will only go downhill. While RGIII is an incredible athlete, NFL D-Coordinators are smart guys (most of the time) and they'll figure out how to limit him. Plus his knee has clearly taken a toll on his mentality. Whenever he's scrambling this year he tends to step out of bounds faster when last year he was trying to run through guys. While with the right offense and tools he would certainly thrive, I just don't know what that offense would be.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Glad the Skins can rebuild in the draft with a high first round pick in 2014 ......... oh, wait ....

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think a running QB is always capable of thriving but yeah, you need to be more of a pocket passer. Run second. But the ideal situation is to have a guy that can and will do both. There is not much a defensive coordinator can do if they play a team with a good offensive line, a good running back, a solid receiver, and a dangerously mobile QB. When and if all those things can fall into place, it will be a team that's hard to beat. The closest I've seen is philly with Vick but I'm not so sure Vick is much of a pocket presence and I won't lie and say that I'm very aware of how good their line is off the top of my head.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The most successful QBs in the league are the smartest, NOT the best athletes. That is why Wilson and RG3 are going in opposite directions. Wilson, while being a good athlete, is Brees/Manning/Rodgers/Brady smart; RG3, while being one of (the?) most physically gifted athletes, seems to be Vince Young/Jamarcus Russell/Vick smart.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Glad the Skins can rebuild in the draft with a high first round pick in 2014 ......... oh, wait ....

No one was happier than I was when the Falcons knocked that 2 point conversion away at the end today.Of course, Rams have their own QB issues as well.But would own #2 pick if season ended today.

Members online

Latest posts