Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series Game 6 Thread (BOS v STL, Sox lead 3-2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Re: World Series Game 3 Thread (BOS v STL, tied 1-1)

Bad call. Middlebrooks made a play on the ball and fell. He even attempted to lift his feet off of the base path. Look at the route Craig took off of the bag. He actually looks more like he did that intentionally to draw the obstruction call. (He comes off the 2nd base side of 3rd base bag a good foot and a half)

I dont think it matters if it's intentional or not...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Bad call. Middlebrooks made a play on the ball and fell. He even attempted to lift his feet off of the base path. Look at the route Craig took off of the bag. He actually looks more like he did that intentionally to draw the obstruction call. (He comes off the 2nd base side of 3rd base bag a good foot and a half)
Very good call by the umpire. There does not have to be intent for obstruction.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

Looked to me.like he was trying to lift his legs into Craig. Only one man knows and we know what he'll say lol

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL

Good call. Middlebrooks lifting his legs tripped the baserunner. Boston might want to work on the throw to third.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

A_Pharis

I dont think it matters if it's intentional or not...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

So Craig coming off of the bag in a way to make it impossible for Middlebrooks to be out of the way makes it a good call? So that means anyone could catch someone on the ground near the base path, run out to them, trip and get the call?

BS. It should have been taken into account Craig's lack of an attempt to avoid it.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
World Series Game 3 Thread (BOS v STL, tied 1-1)

If you are middlebrooks, why do you lift both of your legs right there?

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Good call. Middlebrooks lifting his legs tripped the baserunner. Boston might want to work on the throw to third.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

ummm..no the gimp running tripped over the ass of middlebrooks...the legs didnt come into play. Watch the replay.The runner didnt lift his feet high enough.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
So Craig coming off of the bag in a way to make it impossible for Middlebrooks to be out of the way makes it a good call? So that means anyone could catch someone on the ground near the base path, run out to them, trip and get the call?

BS. It should have been taken into account Craig's lack of an attempt to avoid it.
Middlebrooks LIFTED his back legs INTO Craig who would have scored easily if not for the obstruction, incidental or not. Right call was made.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008

I don't understand why you don't acknowledge middlebrooks raising both of his legs while Craig was trying to get past him?

A_Pharis

Middlebrooks LIFTED his back legs INTO Craig who would have scored easily if not for the obstruction, incidental or not. Right call was made.

Meh. It's a call that could have been chalked up to bad base running just as much as a bad throw to third. Like I said just above, had Middlebrooks left his legs down it would be "MIDDLEBROOKS LEFT his legs RIGHT ON THE BASE LINE". Except - in this case - had Craig not come off over a foot toward 2nd base , he would have missed Middlebrooks completely.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008

To clear the base line? Had he left them where they were, he would have been reamed for tripping him by NOT moving his legs.

Lol if he'd of just stayed flat there would have been no obstruction call

Members online

Latest posts