Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fundamental Baseball or dirty pool?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yankees sign 8 year old pitching ace to Multi-year deal worth millions.
A's sign 8 year old leadoff hitter with perfect OBP to Multi-year deal for a PS3 game and candy bar

Do you think this guy is smart enough to figure out he was in the wrong yet?

I hardly ever comment on the drama posts on these boards but this one is really bothering me. I just can't figure out how he thinks this is even slightly OK.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
This is a very competitive league where we have and accept winners and losers. We dont give out last place or participant ribbons/trophies!

Fordman

This league doesn't sound very competitive if you are beating teams with the Mercy Rule after 3 innings...just sayin'.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
So, if when we beat this same team in regular season play by getting 24 hits against them, that would make it better?

Each team and coach goes into this league knowing what it is and how its played.

This is a very competitive league where we have and accept winners and losers. We dont give out last place or participant ribbons/trophies!

Fordman

The bolded here seems to suggest that your league expects poor sportsmanship. Yet, in your OP you noted that this incident stemmed from new behavior:

Hi All,

I help coach my 8 yr olds little league team. It's end of the season tournament time!

We did something tonight that we havent done all year. We told our batter to get up to the plate, dig in, but throw dirt on home plate.

Fordman

Quite contradictory.

There must be a reason you didn't pull that stunt until now. You have fun screwing with and insulting the 'worst' team of 8 yr olds in your league? A bunch of tough guys, you are. That's low, real low.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
After all the excuses (or reasoning?), it sounds more like they tied the Special Ed kids' shoelaces together.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If this was football:

We were up 56-0 in the 3rd quarter, but kept throwing because we had the backup QB in. I don't want trophies for all, but I also don't want another generation of ******* entitled kids, because their coaches were **** in sports and now live vicariously through them.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
images

I'll throw my two-cents in; I've coached from t-ball (age 5) through the season which just ended (13U travel team, not elite, but a solid B level team).
A complete bush league move at any age, but age 8!?!
I'm shocked the ump didn't warn you after a couple of batters. The other guy I coach with is a very good high school umpire (and youth as well), I guarantee he would have given you one warning, the next time it happens, see ya.

I'll refrain from commenting on many other things you said, because it's just not worth arguing with you on those points.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
Not dirty and 8 years is plenty old enough to start your players on "the clear".

PSS....This is clearly the best post in this entire thread! As "angry" as I was reading [MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] interpretations of what constitutes the fundamentals of baseball and how his 8-year old team could basically, probably, at least compete on the major league level with the Cubs, this post made me LOL! ******* brilliant!

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
PSS....This is clearly the best post in this entire thread! As "angry" as I was reading [MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] interpretations of what constitutes the fundamentals of baseball and how his 8-year old team could basically, probably, at least compete on the major league level with the Cubs, this post made me LOL! ******* brilliant!
:D My guy!

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
With no disrespect Mr.Fordman, I believe this to be dirty. That all I got to say because
all of the educated people have made my points to you already. I hope you understand there is no disrespect when I say this is why post this knowing 80-92% going to say dirty. Feeling guilty?

Members online

Latest posts