Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Muskiesfan had a heart attack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Good stuff. Even my wife asked about you and I got the cut in the mail today. Weird how life works. You sent it in the A.M., then you sent a PM and then after that your life was almost taken. Hold your wife and family a little tighter knowing they could have lost you. Rest and relax.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thank you again to everyone. It really does mean a lot.

It's definitely a big adjustment and it will all take time to get back to any real "normal". Taking the medications is a pain, but the low sodium/low cholesterol diet is not a problem.

I go to my family doctor on Friday for a follow up. I'll also be setting up a sleep study so we can get my apnea taken care of. Then next week, I start cardiac rehab which means I'll be working out at the hospital so I can be monitored.

My cardiologist said it will take around 6 months to really get into the swing things, but as long as I make the necessary changes, he thinks I will be fine.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Thank you again to everyone. It really does mean a lot.

It's definitely a big adjustment and it will all take time to get back to any real "normal". Taking the medications is a pain, but the low sodium/low cholesterol diet is not a problem.

I go to my family doctor on Friday for a follow up. I'll also be setting up a sleep study so we can get my apnea taken care of. Then next week, I start cardiac rehab which means I'll be working out at the hospital so I can be monitored.

My cardiologist said it will take around 6 months to really get into the swing things, but as long as I make the necessary changes, he thinks I will be fine.

You've got this, man. I'm really excited to see you heading down the right road, and I have every confidence in you.

Sent from my HTC One X using Freedom Card Board mobile app

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Joe
Speedy recovery brother.
I know you had started on the weight loss/healthier lifestyle, so I know you won't have any problems there. We're all here for ya.
:thumbup:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Joe the goal you should make for yourself while you recover and have fun with it should be "I'm bringing sexy back!" Have a good one bro!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The cardiac rehab will do you wonders. Funny to think that 30 years ago, after a heart attack they'd keep you on bedrest for weeks to "rest your heart." Now it's known that proper exercise the best thing.

Glad to hear that your recovery is on track!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts