Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~Happy Hump Day Thread~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Repost from last night:
There's a 2001 sweet spot joe DiMaggio auto on eBay.
http://bit.ly/IWrUZJ
Somehow I missed it. it's 450obo.. Should I take a stab at it replacing this? Would need to sell this and possibly my UD Epic jersey. I really enjoy this card and joes pic looks almost dream like. Preferences?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I like this card better. Although cool concept, UD card looks cheap to me. I feel they should have framed the cut instead of putting on top. Also the machine number looks cheap for a classic type card. Pinnacle looks classy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Repost from last night:
Somehow I missed it. it's 450obo.. Should I take a stab at it replacing this? Would need to sell this and possibly my UD Epic jersey. I really enjoy this card and joes pic looks almost dream like. Preferences?

Those sweet spots are amazing. Freaking love that set. I own over 20 copies of the Belle and am hungry for more.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Maybe just a bad picture then, looks cheap from that picture. Anyone have a better shot? I couldn't imagine they would have not framed the ball, but the picture looks loke theu did just that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Repost from last night:

$450 seems awful high for a card #ed to 150. Joe D is an iconic player, I get that, but how low do you think the OBO will go? The Sweet Spot card design from that year doesn't really appeal to me either. The white ball is almost lost in the white card. The Pinnacle card has a nice bold sig. Pinnacle, for the win!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
$450 seems awful high for a card #ed to 150. Joe D is an iconic player, I get that, but how low do you think the OBO will go? The Sweet Spot card design from that year doesn't really appeal to me either. The white ball is almost lost in the white card. The Pinnacle card has a nice bold sig. Pinnacle, for the win!

QFT

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Good luck with your Box Break guys...

Today is my Friday. Lookin forward to the next two days off. Spent each of the last three mornings with my lil 2 year old, and then having to drop her off at grannys before I head to work around noon. Even though she supposedly "does fine" after i leave, hearing her cry and cry with tears streaming down her face when I leave is sometimes the hardest part of my day. So I am going to hug and squeeze her for the next 48 hours.

And when she sleeps, I will try and finish rescanning my 98 Teks. Just got 27 new ones, and I figured if I'm gonna scan them I may as well rescan all of them and make their backgrounds match. I am using a piece of black construction paper placed on it when I scan them, so you can see the pattern better. I had done it on a few before, but I also used a piece of blue paper too for a while. My OCD is taking over and I need em all to match.

Then its Work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, off Christmas eve, then Fly to Idaho on Christmas. While I am looking forward to seeing my family, I am also looking forward to visiting the LCS up there. If there is anything you guys want me to check for, send me a list, ok?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I agree the 01 sweet spot isn't the prettiest card but the only affordable (if i could get it in the 300-375 range. SS always holds a premium) the 02 "Yankee clipper" you can't find for less than 600 with the 2 on eBay right now at 800 or more.

Sticking with the pinnacle I suppose.
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] , quit hogging the belles ;)

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
im down with whatever the majority wants. i just dont want to create more work for josh.

We can go that route. If people want to draft 1 team and I can random off the other that is fine. If anyone doesn't want the base card from any of the teams let me know and I'll just take them to the shop and trade them in for supplies. The case has been ordered so pay up suckers.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] - I got some cards from comc for Bigfoot, Mat Hoffman, Tommy Lee, Kurt Angle, and a Ninja Turtle comic. Gonna try and start some TTMs soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts