Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andre Ethier on the trade block.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN reports that teams are saying they've discussed possible trades with the Dodgers for Andre Ethier.

Mattingly benched Ethier three times in the past week, and unprofessionally called out Ethier to the media behind his back.

Ethier actually has better stats than most of the Dodgers, including Matt Kemp:

Ethier: .264, 4 hr, 15 rbi, .758 OPS
Kemp: .270, 2 hr, 17 rbi, .676 OPS

I understand Kemp is usually the better player, and has a sore shoulder, but Ethier is the one getting blamed by Mattingly for the Dodgers being in last place, despite the rest of the team sucking.
And why isn't Mattingly resting Kemp and his injured shoulder?

I think Ethier is being used as the fall guy to make room with Yasiel Puig ready for a call-up.
But it's stupid to publically criticize the guy you're potentially trying to trade.

LA Times story on Ethier/Mattingly:

Surprisingly, a reasoned Andre Ethier emerges from Wednesday circus - latimes.com

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's a shame he's being outed like that. Isn't he a huge fan favorite?
Yeah, the fans love him (especially the women).
What's strange about all of this is that Mattingly has always been a huge Ethier backer, so his actions lately have surprised fans.
Oh well, I suspected a trade would happen eventually with Puig being such a big prospect.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Love seeing the Dodgers fail after the coin they dropped to make this team the Lakers of baseball (and we all saw how that turned out :-D )

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I am saying the Cubs and Dodgers do the following:
Cubs get Eithier
Dodgers get Soriano
Is that what you want, or what you think will happen?
Because that trade makes no sense for the Dodgers. They have a mega-prospect in outfielder Yasiel Puig who's about to be called up and Soriano is past-his-prime and overpaid.
The way this season's gone, I think L.A. is done with signing former stars to huge contracts.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Man I will just want to XXXXX slap the ENTIRE Dodgers organization if a trade goes through. This whole thing has turned into a fricken fiasco. The numbers don't lie...So Mattingly doesn't like Ethier anymore...? So what...Fire Mattingly, he isn't the one helping fill the seats at Dodger Stadium, Ethier is. I agree Austin, someone is trying to make Ethier the fall guy. Which makes no sense when you look at his numbers. Some other people were talking about how it makes sense to trade him because of his contract, but he just got extended and will make $85 mil or something. The Dodgers will definitely have to eat some of that, and if they trade him...I hope they eat a GIANT piece of that.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man I will just want to XXXXX slap the ENTIRE Dodgers organization if a trade goes through. This whole thing has turned into a fricken fiasco. The numbers don't lie...So Mattingly doesn't like Ethier anymore...? So what...Fire Mattingly, he isn't the one helping fill the seats at Dodger Stadium, Ethier is. I agree Austin, someone is trying to make Ethier the fall guy. Which makes no sense when you look at his numbers. Some other people were talking about how it makes sense to trade him because of his contract, but he just got extended and will make $85 mil or something. The Dodgers will definitely have to eat some of that, and if they trade him...I hope they eat a GIANT piece of that.

If he is traded, will you still be a fan or collector of his? What's your stance?

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
If he is traded, will you still be a fan or collector of his? What's your stance?

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

I am pretty sure I will still collect him. This might be partly his fault, I don't for sure and most of us won't. But it is mostly the Dodgers fault. So hopefully if he does go, he goes to a team that has sweet patches on their jerseys. LOL

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
iB4yrOueVD5aP.gif

Members online

Latest posts