Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Feel better Steve. Have a nice recovery day.

My company's national sales meeting ends today, so the banquet is tonight. Open bar and awesome family style dinner at Maggiano's Italian Restaurant. So much food.

What's everyone's "go to drink" at an open bar? I like Whiskey Sours (with Maker's Mark) or Seven and Sevens. Sweet but hard.

That's easy. Doesn't matter if its open bar or busting some wax, Crown Royale with a little ginger is my co-pilot.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
So how is everyone this evening? My girlfriend is taking her daughter in to be tested for a few things. Finally convinced her that it could be diabetes and its probably better to know young then wait until she is a little older. Get her comfortable with the things she may have to do so when she's a little older she can do it for herself. I hope its not that or anything, but displaying weird symptoms and it took me entertaining the idea of being tested to look into it. Biologically she is not my daughter, but I kinda care about the kid you know. So thats whats going on over here at the moment.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
So how is everyone this evening? My girlfriend is taking her daughter in to be tested for a few things. Finally convinced her that it could be diabetes and its probably better to know young then wait until she is a little older. Get her comfortable with the things she may have to do so when she's a little older she can do it for herself. I hope its not that or anything, but displaying weird symptoms and it took me entertaining the idea of being tested to look into it. Biologically she is not my daughter, but I kinda care about the kid you know. So thats whats going on over here at the moment.

Hope tests come back negative, Andy. Good for you, though, taking some initiative and trying to get this figured out sooner rather than later.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota

Good luck, Andy. Hope it turns out well! I'm a little concerned about my step daughter as well.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I just got word from Liz that they ordered 3 more tests. So we might be getting to the bottom of it. Obviously don't want anything to be wrong, but if there is, we'll know and be able to figure out what we need to do to deal with it

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Ok. Deleted my post from earlier with the huge pics...trying to figure out this whole picture/attachment/etc stuff. Couldn't get photobucket to do what I wanted.

Anyway, I grabbed a Tim Fedroff auto for peanuts (unpictured). Anyone else think he's gonna be decent? Never hear a word on him...I guess because he's not 20.

Attached are the last several days worth of pickups. The Zunino purple was the big buy from the overseas seller...was relieved all turned out aces on the transaction. Also can't believe how low Matt Moore's stock as gone compared to what it was before. Still think he's terrific and the numbers, despite W-L last year, weren't that bad for someone his age.

Attachments

• devosszekegoldauto.JPG
    devosszekegoldauto.JPG
    303 KB · Views: 17
  • mooremattbluerefcromeauto.JPG
    mooremattbluerefcromeauto.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 15

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Andy - What were the symptoms, if you don't mind me asking ? And praying for the best, bud.

cub4life78

Jan 1, 2013
Tx

Yikes, hope it all comes out well for her!

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Ok. Deleted my post from earlier with the huge pics...trying to figure out this whole picture/attachment/etc stuff. Couldn't get photobucket to do what I wanted.

Anyway, I grabbed a Tim Fedroff auto for peanuts (unpictured). Anyone else think he's gonna be decent? Never hear a word on him...I guess because he's not 20.

Attached are the last several days worth of pickups. The Zunino purple was the big buy from the overseas seller...was relieved all turned out aces on the transaction. Also can't believe how low Matt Moore's stock as gone compared to what it was before. Still think he's terrific and the numbers, despite W-L last year, weren't that bad for someone his age.

Nice Zeke!

The others are meh

J/k awesome pickups

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Calling for bad weather REPEAT CALLING FOR BAD WEATHER ----------------- schools will be letting out after two hours . 38 degrees here now

A_Pharis

Loonnnggg day.

Home.. exhausted. I decide to run some of my old searches, and I found this searching for Grimes:
2012 Panini Golden Age Mickey Lolich Autograph Burleigh Grimes Jersey Lot | eBay

I immediately wanted to hit the BIN, but I looked over the auction really quick. Horrible description, but the title and pictures clearly depict Grimes being in the lot. In the detailed item descriptions, you see Lolich and McLain. I figured.. for $15 I'd take the shot, and I hit the BIN. If I don't get the Grimes, I return the lot - no harm, no foul. If I do receive the Grimes, I have my 3rd (I think) Grimes GU for a great price. I wish it had a pinstripe, but stitches will work.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
What's the lowdown on this fellow, anyway? I pulled this out of a box a couple days ago. He regarded as a decent prospect amongst Cub fans?

He's a speed guy. I don't know about his defense but I have liked him. I picked up a few of his blue refractors for 7$ on eBay. As far as resale value I think he may be the cheapest out of 2012 chrome

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Andy - What were the symptoms, if you don't mind me asking ? And praying for the best, bud.

This weird thing that randomly she starts losing the ability to use her legs. Its mostly been after caffeine, but its not normal. Then she can't walk or crawl and eventually falls asleep. Perfectly fine when she wakes up so she never thought alot about it. I just thought when I saw it that its not normal, and we should figure out what it could be.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts