Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jon Lester - Cubs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
That offer was reported before Thanksgiving if I'm not mistaken, and is pretty much the same thing that the Sox offered (6/130, with notion that they'd negotiate). I'd still be surprised if he doesn't end up back in Boston given their clear desire to pay him near top end starter $

Now if a team offers him 6/150 or 7/170 or something along those lines, then ya, no chance he ends up in Boston

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
That offer was reported before Thanksgiving if I'm not mistaken, and is pretty much the same thing that the Sox offered (6/130, with notion that they'd negotiate). I'd still be surprised if he doesn't end up back in Boston given their clear desire to pay him near top end starter $

Now if a team offers him 6/150 or 7/170 or something along those lines, then ya, no chance he ends up in Boston

I agree with you that he will probably go back to Boston, but I heard that his visit with Chicago went very well and being a Cubs fan I have to hope that he lands with the Cubs for no other reason than Signing Joe to be manager and signing Lester would indicate its time to let Theo's plan start to mature.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

I agree with you that he will probably go back to Boston, but I heard that his visit with Chicago went very well and being a Cubs fan I have to hope that he lands with the Cubs for no other reason than Signing Joe to be manager and signing Lester would indicate its time to let Theo's plan start to mature.

Who do you guys think is in a better position to win sooner? I really like how both organizations have built their farm system for long term success and I feel they both made some great recent moves.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Who do you guys think is in a better position to win sooner? I really like how both organizations have built their farm system for long term success and I feel they both made some great recent moves.

I'm not familiar with the Red Sox organization that much but you would think they can't be too far off not being that long since they celebrated a World Series Championship. The Cubs on the other hand I think are probably farther off but have a very bright future.

Members online

Latest posts