Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unsticking complete set cards - Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Yeah, it's really unnerving because I do have quite a few factory sets from the last ten or 12 years.

I'm assuming these cards are ok if they're in plastic UltraPro penny sleeves or sheets in binders.

Jul 22, 2016
I had this happen with a 1997 Ultra platinum medallion set. The best way I found was to pull one cards apart at a time. Freezing didn't work, steam didn't work, heating in the sun didn't work, but one at a time left minimal to no damage.
I agree with this advice. One by one. I did a 98 Bowman Chrome and some Ultra as well and did a couple thousand cards with no damage. You have to have time though cause it takes hours.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Basically, any glossy or UV coated cards from the '90s until present will do it. And not just sets, but cards in packs too.

I recently found an unopened wax (cello) box of '94 Topps cards at a thrift store. When I got home and opened them, most of the cards in the packs were fused together, and I damaged many of them separating them one by one.

Like you, I keep my sets in binders so I don't have the problem. But I would think there are tons of people on this board who have sets from the '90s and '00s in boxes with no idea that the cards are now stuck together.

So...I need to open all my factory sets and put them in binders now? Which I've heard can also ruin the cards over time? Not trying to sound like a smart allec. Just really want to do what's best but I'm starting to think I don't know what's best.

Way I figured it some cards need it like stadium club. Others, you just can't keep them in hot environments(attic, garage, storage unit).

Members online

Latest posts