Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 Pack + 1 Box Jumbo Bowman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Drove the 40 minutes to the other side of town to the shop because I was sick of Atlanta Sports Cards BS and busted 1 pack and 1 box of Jumbos:

1 Pack:
Yu FY Chrome
Lance Lynn Chrome Auto

Box
Robert Parnell Blue Auto (Box topper)
Sharion Martis Auto
Lance Lynn Refractor Auto
Oscar Tejada Blue Ref
Dylan Lindsay WBC Xfractor
J. Waltenbury Ref
J. Walden Ref
S. Conner Ref

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
craiger122003 said:
What happened at atlanta?
Been there 4 times since I moved here, and the only time they've ever said anything to me was to give me my total. They are too busy putting stuff on eBay or takling about eBay, and almost all singles are graded. No welcome or hello when you walk in. Hardly any packs to open (unless you count the searched ones), when I asked about a 5000 ct box, the guy had to go "all the way to the back" to get one. When I was in San Antonio, I went to the shop close to 3 times a week and spent big money there. Think the most I've spent with them is $70 on supplies. I now just wait and drive the hour to Kennesaw and spend my money, where Brian will give me the customer service.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
its ridiculous how many card shop owners are socially inept.

is the kennesaw one right next to target and the post office?

i used to go to ksu, and would stop by there once in a while.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
DaveH said:
its ridiculous how many card shop owners are socially inept.

is the kennesaw one right next to target and the post office?

i used to go to ksu, and would stop by there once in a while.

no it's in a little shopping center. It's on like west cherokee or something like that

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
jimmyjam1973 said:
craiger122003 said:
Been there 4 times since I moved here, and the only time they've ever said anything to me was to give me my total. They are too busy putting stuff on eBay or takling about eBay, and almost all singles are graded. No welcome or hello when you walk in. Hardly any packs to open (unless you count the searched ones), when I asked about a 5000 ct box, the guy had to go "all the way to the back" to get one. When I was in San Antonio, I went to the shop close to 3 times a week and spent big money there. Think the most I've spent with them is $70 on supplies. I now just wait and drive the hour to Kennesaw and spend my money, where Brian will give me the customer service.
The guy that is usually at ATL is not the owner. Just a guy that works there. You are correct that he is on Ebay all the time and customer service is for not. The thing that burns me about ATL is I get there email with all these specials and you go to the store and they are not at the store they are at the "Warehouse" which I believe is actually the local distributor. I have ordered off there website saying I would pick it up and get there and it has been shipped from the "warehouse". Pisses me off. End Rant.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Erich said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
craiger122003 said:
The guy that is usually at ATL is not the owner. Just a guy that works there. You are correct that he is on Ebay all the time and customer service is for not. The thing that burns me about ATL is I get there email with all these specials and you go to the store and they are not at the store they are at the "Warehouse" which I believe is actually the local distributor. I have ordered off there website saying I would pick it up and get there and it has been shipped from the "warehouse". Pisses me off. End Rant.

Yeah, I've gone to their site and most stuff says email for price which means, we don't have it, and need to get more from a distributor.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Hey guys...new to the board and wanted to weigh in...

Actually used to live in Kennesaw and frequented both Brian's shop and another called Champion's up on Barrett Parkway owned by a nice guy named Ross. I always enjoy chatting up the guys but find Ross' price on wax (especially packs) much better than Brian's. I can usually get a case (or half...or jsut a box) from Ross at a great price at release since I do drop a decent amount of money there and expecially on Topps/Bowman products. Add this to the fact that I pulled a $3500 Tiger Woods auto at Champion's...Ross usually wins out when it is time to go to the money pit.

I now live in Norcross/Alpharetta tho and am forced to go into Atlanta Sports Cards now. I've only been a few times but found their single selection to be great (only on selection...not on price). Their wax prices are about $5 more expensive than Ross' at Champions in Kennesaw and the customer service is def. lacking there. The only time the guy wanted to chat was when I pulled 2 gold chromes from my box of Bowman. Their supply section is seriously lacking (where both the guys in Kennesaw can hook you up with anything you may need) and if you don't get to a packed out box first then i'd say don't bother (guy is to wrapped up on ebay to care if anybody is pack searching) where I know at champions they kick out pack searchers and i've always gotten good hits our of single packs at Brian's.

All in all, if you make the drive to see Brian...I'd suggest you take a detour next time and check out Champion Sports Cards. They always have GREAT prices on new releases and the customer service is awesome!!

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
jimmyjam1973 said:
Been to Champion a couple times and it's okay, but I still like Brian's shop best.

Where is Brian's again?
I always end up at Champions because it's the only one I can find.
Been to ATL twice now (long drive) - never found anything to spend money on; maybe a few $2 cards ... but they were nice enough to talk to me. One of the dudes used to work at RAZOR when it was a poker-card company. He had some fun insight ...

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
cmixer said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
Been to Champion a couple times and it's okay, but I still like Brian's shop best.

Where is Brian's again?
I always end up at Champions because it's the only one I can find.
Been to ATL twice now (long drive) - never found anything to spend money on; maybe a few $2 cards ... but they were nice enough to talk to me. One of the dudes used to work at RAZOR when it was a poker-card company. He had some fun insight ...

It's in Kennesaw about 5-8 miles away from Champion Sports Cards.