Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

10% eBay bucks +$5 bonus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Anyone get the email?

http://anywhere.ebay.com/browser/intern ... camp=bucks

From now until May 18th, earn your normal 2% in ebay bucks and an additional 8% as a bonus. You need to be in the 'ebay bucks' program, have Windows 7 and use the new internet explorer. Microsoft is desperately trying to get back in the browser market so I guess they paid ebay enough lol.

1. Only Eligible Participants who:
are the intended recipients of an invitation from eBay to participate in the eBay Bucks Internet Explorer 9 Promotion ("Promotion"),
have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed on their computer,
successfully install Internet Explorer 9,
follow the steps outlined on: http://anywhere.ebay.com/browser/intern ... camp=bucks to add ("pin") the eBay website to your taskbar, and
after clicking on the eBay pinned website in your taskbar make a purchase on eBay.com,

I told myself I'd NEVER use IE again, but for 10%, why not. lol

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Even my computer seemed to ask, "are we really installing IE?" But, hey, $5 free EBay bucks even if I never use IE again is cool with me.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
jlecates said:
Even my computer seemed to ask, "are we really installing IE?" But, hey, $5 free EBay bucks even if I never use IE again is cool with me.

IE is just as bad as I remember! Even the install took about 7 minutes, horrible.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
What's the eBay Bucks Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 promotion?
eBay has teamed up with Microsoft to offer select members of the eBay Bucks Rewards Program a new way to earn eBay Bucks. Read on to learn how, with Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), you can "pin" eBay to your Windows 7 taskbar, and how that will allow you to earn extra Rewards on every qualifying purchase, through May 18, 2011.

Who's eligible for the promotion?
The promotion is offered exclusively to select members of the eBay Bucks program, running Windows 7, who receive an invitation email from eBay. Sorry, no forwarding, and no later signup or registration.

What is "pinning"?
Pinning, a new feature introduced in IE9, allows you to add (to "pin") favorite websites to your taskbar for fast, easy access to sites you visit frequently—one click on a pinned site and you're there. Additionally, by right clicking on the icon you get instant access to extra site features.

How can I pin eBay?
After installing Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, follow the steps described on our eBay & Internet Explorer 9 pinning tutorial.

How do I earn the extra eBay Bucks?
Earning extra eBay Bucks through IE9 is easy. Just click the eBay icon you pinned to your taskbar and make a purchase on eBay.com. You'll earn 10% in eBay Bucks (the standard 2% plus and extra 8%) on all qualifying transactions initiated through the pinned eBay site during the term of this promotion, plus an additional $5 in eBay Bucks for your first qualifying purchase.

What's excluded from the promotion?
For this promotional offer, the normal eBay Bucks exclusions apply. Please visit the eBay Bucks Terms & Conditions page for the full list. See below for information on maximum earn caps.

I received an eBay Bucks credit for just 2%—where's the extra 8%?
The standard 2% and extra 8% are processed differently. Credit for extra promotional Rewards takes between 1 and 7 days to show up in your eBay Bucks balance.

Once credited, you can see the details in the "Activity" table at the bottom of the "eBay Bucks" page within the "Buy" section of "My eBay". Here is the direct link: http://www.ebay.com/ebaybucks. Please note that credits are not item-specific, or transaction-specific; a credit will include the sum of all extra eBay Bucks earned on the respective day indicated in credit details.

Is there a limit to how much I can earn?
There is an earn cap of $200 in eBay Bucks per transaction—this is the maximum amount you can earn, no matter what the current earn percentage is. There's also a quarterly earn cap of $500 in eBay Bucks per eBay member.

When do I get my Rewards?
For this promotion, the normal regulations regarding the earn cycle and redemption apply. The current earn period ends on June 30, and eBay Bucks earned during the April-June period become available to spend in July.

Visit the eBay Bucks Terms & Conditions page if you'd like to learn more about this topic.

What happens if I return an item or cancel a purchase?
When an item is returned or otherwise refunded, your Rewards balance will be reduced by the amount earned during the transaction. Please note that it may take some time, but the adjustment will be made.

After clicking on my pinned eBay site, how long do I have to make a qualifying purchase?
Purchases must be completed within a single session. After clicking on your pinned eBay site, don't exit ebay.com before completing your purchase or it won't qualify for the extra eBay Bucks.

Also important: Make sure you've activated your "cookies" setting.

Can I participate in the promotion if I use a different browser?
No. Only IE9 users are eligible for this promotion.

To check which version of Microsoft Internet Explorer you are using, open the browser, click on "Help" in the menu bar, and then on "About Internet Explorer". There, you must see a popup Window showing Internet Explorer 9.

I'm not using Windows 7 - how can I participate?
You'll need to upgrade to Windows7 to be eligible for this promotion.

How long will the promotion last?
The promotion runs from April 20 through May 18, 2011.

Will eBay share any of my information with Microsoft?
eBay never shares your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) without your expressed consent. However, we will share general information about the performance of this promotion with Microsoft to help the company better understand the performance of IE9.

I'm having trouble with IE9 / my Windows operating system. How do I get help?
Please visit the Microsoft page for help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/inte ... lorer/help

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
jlecates said:

I think my computer just went on strike.
But, once I buy the $200 card on my watch list, the 25 eBay bucks is good enough for me.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
It sucks they ended the eBay bucks VIP program in January. That would have been awesome right about now with this promotion..

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
got it. hate ie, but will sell my soul (temporarily) for more ebay bucks. the best ebay bucks bonus i got recently was $20 for signing up for a 1 mo. free netflix trial.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
jagsfan92 said:
I signed up for this but am having trouble with "pinning".
Click on the actual EBay icon in your address bar and drag it down to the bottom to pin it to the task bar. If you click on the web address you will keep getting a drop down menu. Hope that helps.

jagsfan92

Jul 14, 2010
jlecates said:
jagsfan92 said:
Click on the actual EBay icon in your address bar and drag it down to the bottom to pin it to the task bar. If you click on the web address you will keep getting a drop down menu. Hope that helps.

That worked. Thanks for the help. Now do I just buy my first item through the pin and the 10% and $5 kicks in?

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
jagsfan92 said:
jlecates said:
jagsfan92 said:

That worked. Thanks for the help. Now do I just buy my first item through the pin and the 10% and $5 kicks in?
They will kick in, but according to offer it may take up to 7 days to show up on your account.

jagsfan92

Jul 14, 2010
jlecates said:
jagsfan92 said:
jlecates said:
jagsfan92 said:

They will kick in, but according to offer it may take up to 7 days to show up on your account.
Alright thank you for all the help.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
George_Calfas said:
bradical said:
[quote="Jeff N.":2d1cctvj]I'm not using Windows 7 - how can I participate?
You'll need to upgrade to Windows7 to be eligible for this promotion.

I dont think Jeff was asking this questions.....seems to be from the ebay block quote.[/quote:2d1cctvj]

I know. I was pointing it out to everyone in large text. They will need Windows 7 for this to work.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I'm glad I read this thread. I deleted the email when I got it. I have Vista, and will download IE 9 when I get home. Sorry firefox, I'll be back on may 19th.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts