Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

10 retail packs of Playoff Absolute Memorabilia, wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I don't usually bust football (ok I actually never have) but I had a Target gift card burning a hole in my pocket and there was absolutely nothing else to bust and I had the itch real bad.
Are retail football packs always this loaded?
Here are the goods...

Spectrum Blue #/250- Willie Parker and Anquan Boldin (actually came in the same pack)
Canton Absolute#/250: Torry Holt
Tools of the trade Blue #/50: David Garrard

nfllot.jpg

jlongdamaged-1.jpg

Wow I've never done that well with retail baseball. The Long is a sweet card although it's damaged :(
Thanks for looking

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Wow, I need to get me some packs of Playoff Absolute Memorabilia.
I wonder how exactly the Long card got damaged like that.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Wehttam6 said:
A packsearcher maybe? I don't mean to be a downer, but maybe there was somebody who was searching and had to put them back because of an employee or a customer saying something.

Either way, very nice pulls. Try contacting Donruss, well Panini now and see if they'll do a replacement.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Card Magnet said:
Wehttam6 said:
A packsearcher maybe? I don't mean to be a downer, but maybe there was somebody who was searching and had to put them back because of an employee or a customer saying something.

Either way, very nice pulls. Try contacting Donruss, well Panini now and see if they'll do a replacement.
It may have been from packsearching. I didn't even think about that.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Wehttam6 said:
It may have been from packsearching. I didn't even think about that.

It may have been from a pack searcher, though I haven't seen a card peeling in this way before. I'd be more inclined to think that this was damaged at the factory, either during cutting or some sorting process. This one shouldn't be too hard to get replaced, but we all know that dealing with the card companies isn't always easy.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Thanks guys!
I just pulled the packs from a mostly full box so maybe someone else did feel them up and left them. I'd be more pissed if I knew it was a searcher that messed up the Long but I checked out the Donruss website and it looks like it'll be pretty easy to get it replaced. I'm thinking of going back to the Target and getting the rest of that box.... :p

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
rebelpawn said:
Thanks guys!
I just pulled the packs from a mostly full box so maybe someone else did feel them up and left them. I'd be more pissed if I knew it was a searcher that messed up the Long but I checked out the Donruss website and it looks like it'll be pretty easy to get it replaced. I'm thinking of going back to the Target and getting the rest of that box.... :p
Good idea. Maybe it's a hot box or something. Mind buying me a lottery ticket? Lol

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Solid rips for retail. Shame about the Long, looks like a manufacturing error - not packsearching...I have a BC BB parallel that has similar peeling from a sealed case I opened so I wouldn't sweat it, just send it in. Congrats on the pulls

Members online

No members online now.