Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1952 Topps Find......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
..........and subsequent horror! 35 cards including Pafko, Feller, Roberts, Snider. All glued to an album and everyone of them with the word retired written in ink across the front.

I cant imagine they have any value at all and thankfully they came to me through a friend that was liquidating an estate. Take a look at the Pafko below! The Snider and a few others have beautiful coloring and edges too bad they are ruined.

scan0059.jpg

scan0060.jpg

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Did you remove them yourself? There are safer ways to remove cards from scrapbooks.

I wouldn't say they're worthless, just not worth much.

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
No, I didnt remove them myself. They were given to me in toploaders by the person that was liquidating the estate. He still had some 49 Bowmans stuck to the page and they had to have used liquid cement because those cards were not coming up no matter what method we tried.

I cant imagine the Pafko bringing $20 can you?

Jastermereel said:
Did you remove them yourself? There are safer ways to remove cards from scrapbooks.

I wouldn't say they're worthless, just not worth much.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
The thing about the Pafko card is the premium is based on high grade examples only. Even though the books dont really show this.
The card itself is not shortprinted and he wasnt much of a star player.
The card is the #1 card in the set and 90% of the kids kept their cards in number order thus the first and last card in set usually had far more wear than the ones between. Making high grade examples tough to locate.

Members online

Latest posts