Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Donruss Preferred Tins - Fanfest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Doing some research on the 1997 Donruss Preferred Tins Fanfest. Do any of you have your player? Can you share pictures? Any hints on where any might be available?

I am looking for Albert Belle which I have never scene but assume exists but probably in the bottom of a closet somewhere (or landfill)

I found this article about the set/tins from a Frank collector who I think is on the board: https://completist.wordpress.com/2009/09/21/a-lingering-mystery/

It appears they look VERY similar to the blue tins but have a green shade on them.

If you have an Albert Belle or know where I could potentially acquire one please let me know. A small bounty award would be waiting for the help in acquiring.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
The fanfest tins are very rare and hard to find. If he has a regular tin, he would be in a fanfest tin. Good luck in your quest.
97 regular tin. with red.
https://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=765

97 fanfest tin with gold. This is the 2nd one I have had. sold the first one for $$$. Another Juan collector made me an offer I could not refuse. I got very lucky and found another one 4 months later $$$
https://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=767

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So do you know if the Belle is Blue with green trim or gold trim? I agree with you that it has to have existed but wish I knew what it looked like. A lot of things on eBay but need to know what it is I am in search of. Shocked in all these years not one has surfaced on eBay (that I’ve seen)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
attachment.php

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
TUFFIES FER SURE

The Fanfest Edition tins were distributed exclusively to dealers who setup at the 1997 All-Star Game Fanfest (sponsored by Pinnacle Brands) in Cleveland. The Fanfest Edition tins are identical to the standard Blue tins, except that the Donruss logo is in gold ink.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
TUFFIES FER SURE

The Fanfest Edition tins were distributed exclusively to dealers who setup at the 1997 All-Star Game Fanfest (sponsored by Pinnacle Brands) in Cleveland. The Fanfest Edition tins are identical to the standard Blue tins, except that the Donruss logo is in gold ink.
I've got a few of these, but no Thomas...yet.
Any guess on how many of each player exist? If they were given to dealers at 1997 Fanfest, I'd guess maybe 10 of each tin. That'd be 250 tins total...more than enough for the number of dealers that Fanfest likely had.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
not sure how many really
I've seen 1 other, maybe 2 Griffeys
but collectors that got them there might have held on to them

Members online

No members online now.