Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Topps Logo Variation George Brett

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Flipping through a binder and found this Topps logo variation of George Brett. I remember your thread abouth these logo variations. Any idea on value? BE17B778-3E68-4AEA-BACC-A0E88A97DDBC.jpeg

Last edited:

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
View attachment 257005
I just found a Mattingly in the PC I am getting ready to sell that I bought form a lifeling friend a few years back.

I guess its assumed they have little value, but as I reserached theres only this 1 on eBay, showing COMC wants over 20 bucks for it. ame base versions of Yount sold for 5, Berra sold for 8, and even Gary gaetti sold for 3 bucks, so I would say its not simply a value of the normal base set. Not saying my Mattingly is worth 20-25 like COMC wants, but I bet its 10-14 for a mattingly collector who wants it. Just my two cents

1632319345105.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not providing an opinion on these at all, but using an asking price, especially COMC, is almost meaningless. Also remember COMC on ebay is a jacked up price. Go to their site and the same card is available for a cheaper price. I don't know if that is a flat percentage increase, but never buy a COMC card on ebay unless you want it sooner than 3 months! (yep, i'll toss that jab out any where, any time!!)

Sold prices are what you need, but can sometimes be deceiving as well. Just look at the 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe. No way people are spending that kind of money on that card when you look at completed listings. Then again, people do tend to be sheep with this kind of stuff. Someone sees it, thinks it's true and buys one themselves. I've seen crazier...The 1990 Mark Jackson card for example. At least Uribe was a professional athlete. Why did people pay $20 and more for these? That is just plain stupid, especially given they probably printed 25 BILLION copies!! Sorry Mark Jackson, but you got a raw deal for being photographed in front of murders for your Hoops card.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Not providing an opinion on these at all, but using an asking price, especially COMC, is almost meaningless. Also remember COMC on ebay is a jacked up price. Go to their site and the same card is available for a cheaper price. I don't know if that is a flat percentage increase, but never buy a COMC card on ebay unless you want it sooner than 3 months! (yep, i'll toss that jab out any where, any time!!)

Sold prices are what you need, but can sometimes be deceiving as well. Just look at the 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe. No way people are spending that kind of money on that card when you look at completed listings. Then again, people do tend to be sheep with this kind of stuff. Someone sees it, thinks it's true and buys one themselves. I've seen crazier...The 1990 Mark Jackson card for example. At least Uribe was a professional athlete. Why did people pay $20 and more for these? That is just plain stupid, especially given they probably printed 25 BILLION copies!! Sorry Mark Jackson, but you got a raw deal for being photographed in front of murders for your Hoops card.

Totally agree. Asking prices arent worth much in most high velocity transaction environments where many copies ARE selling.

I was more just referencing the LACK of much data like sold prices. But since Mattingly is alot heavier collected than Yount, Berra or Gaetti in my opinion at the sold prices I quoted, I'm comfortable thinking its a 10-14 dollar card. And if a Mattingly guy wants a copy, looks like right now they need to pay about 20 to COMC, or wait for a better deal. For example, I wouldnt sell mine for less than 15, given that I see none available to buyers at less than the COMC ask.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Ok cool, new listing since I searched I guess. Still, puts me in the right church, its not worthless, its not just the same value as 04 base, and the low end of my 10-14 was fine :). Glad to know I'm not as crazy as my wife says.....

Members online