Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Rookie Pitchers, Who has impressed you the most?

Who has impressed you the most? PIck 2

• Trevor Cahill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Zimmermann

• Vin Mazzarro

• Randy Wells

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikateen

Aug 7, 2008
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
Romero No hitting the phils.

76 PC, 5 INN, BBI, 6 K, 0.200 WHIP

Not hitter through 6 now. I don't think anyone on the board has even noticed, lol.

EDIT- No hitter over. Utley with a single.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
pujolsjunkie said:
ballerskrip said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
Porcello and it isnt really close.

Porcello has been very good. I am definitely surprised that his strikeout numbers have been so low.... 4.5 per 9 innings is weak for a power pitcher.

skrip

He gets a ton of ground balls. The Ks will go up in time and we'll have a potential Halladay-esque guy on our hands.

Exactly.

I'm sure everyone is tired of me talking about Porcello so I won't add too much, but Porcello is a groundball pitcher. He always has the ability to get himself out of jams with double play balls (like he has done so often this year).

The changeup and the curveball have both been unhittable pitches for Porcello at times this year, and once he is able to harness these two pitches with the same command as his sinker/two seamer has, the American League is in big trouble.

Probably the most effective way to describe Porcello right now is the following: He is only twenty years old and has pitched better than 95% of the league so far this year as a rookie. Twenty. While most people his age are just now settling in at the Double-A level, Porcello is already making a huge impact in the Majors. He is only going to get better and better for years to come.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts