Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Jumbo Box...Should I break it open???

Break or Not Break...That is the Question

• Break this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Even though I have stepped away form collecting, not all people in my life encourgage my decision. A close friend gave me a box of 2010 Bowman Jumbo for an early BDay gift (he is going to Iraq so he wont be here for August). After I told him I dont collect anymore he told me that it was cool of I sold it and bought something I would rather have (he got his case for pre-sale prices and as been opening it very slowly). He is completely ok wiht me selling it, he just didnt know what else to get me.

Should I sell the box or bust it? After all these boxes are getting too pricey for my taste, so should I take advantage of a free one or get myself a nice something else?

A_Pharis

Normally, I'd say sell it... but, no matter what your friend says about selling it, the box is a gift, man. You have nothing invested in it. I'd break it if for no other reason than it being a gift.

Yes, I know $300 is more than you'd likely get by cracking it, but it's really the thought of opening a gift from a friend across the world.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Buy a 12-pack, invite your friend over, and bust it together. He's going to Iraq, for god's sake. Have a great evening just hanging out, passing the bull and busting some wax, and savor the time together with your friend.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think it has the Strasburg Red auto inside so I'd open it.

If I didn't think that, I would sell the hell out of it and go for a swim in 30,000 brand new pennies, a la Scrooge McDuck.

scrooge-mcduck-thumb-250x197-51.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
If it's something I learned from when a woman says 'it's ok, sell it and get what you want', what she really means is that if you do, she'll haunt your conscience for the rest of your relationship.

Not saying the same applies here, but if he's going to Iraq, get some beer and bust it together, as someone already said.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Philip J. Fry said:
If it's something I learned from when a woman says 'it's ok, sell it and get what you want', what she really means is that if you do, she'll haunt your conscience for the rest of your relationship.

Not saying the same applies here, but if he's going to Iraq, get some beer and bust it together, as someone already said.
i 3rd this

plus think about how you are goona feel once u pull a super or a stras auto or something and have acard worth more then 300

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
break it, enjoy some beers with the great friend you have...money will come back around later. enjoy the time

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
gracecollector said:
Buy a 12-pack, invite your friend over, and bust it together. He's going to Iraq, for god's sake. Have a great evening just hanging out, passing the bull and busting some wax, and savor the time together with your friend.

Agreed... Pizza, Beer, Watch Sports, Break open the box with your friend. The quality time with your friend before he deploys is far more important than a few bucks in your pocket.

Tom

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Scan or ban on a box of wax...?

I will get you your requested picture, but scanning a jumbo box isn't gonna happen on my shaty scanner.

Everybody recommending a beer and pizza night, great ideas...I didn't realize how many softy sentimentals where on the boards.

Members online

Latest posts