Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Bowman Blue wrapper redemption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Topps just tweeted this:

Topps Company@toppscardsMail arrived in Duryea, appears keeping USPS in business. Any more wrappers sent in at this point will unlikely be redeemed

Attachments

• 800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png
    800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Topps Twitter has followed up the previous post with: "@toppscards We expect all wrappers that arrive by today & possibly tomrrw will be handled, outside that unlikely but will share more exact #s when have"

I checked my tracking they were delivered today, were sent regular first class on saturday so no priority was needed for me at least :)

WaxPax

Based upon those numbers is it worth it to rip them, since odds of a hit seem good or sell packs unopened?

I've had about 6 or 7 different packages sent in. I sent 3 separate ones myself with the last one going today via Express Mail. It's only a 2.5 hr drive from my home to Duryea, but I couldn't take a day off to make the drive. This whole topic makes me very nervous. These packs are going to be hot.

Based upon 10,000 packs, and with Red Wave /25 and Blue Wave Autos /50 for all 38 prospects, you're looking at an auto every 5.26 packs and a Red Wave every 3.6 packs. Plus the Blue Wave will limited to about 412 each. So each pack will net you at the minimum of 5 cards more limited than a refractor and then every 4 packs you should hit the equivalent of an Orange Refractor and inside of 6 packs you should hit the equivalent of a Gold Refractor Auto.

These redemption packs unopened should be worth some serious money. Is $30-50 per pack really out of the question?

WaxPax

Sent mine from Florida on Friday, I didn't want to risk a shutout, so priority was my only option....

Topps Twitter has followed up the previous post with: "@toppscards We expect all wrappers that arrive by today & possibly tomrrw will be handled, outside that unlikely but will share more exact #s when have"

I checked my tracking they were delivered today, were sent regular first class on saturday so no priority was needed for me at least :)

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Mailed mine off today from Texas, I just mailed first class with DC# and they should arrive Thursday. Oh well you snooze you lose I guess. Wish they would limit the packs to five per request. I got plenty of packs from Bowman and Topps Chrome in 2010 but didn't get anything worth a flip so if I get lucky to get my 4 packs I might just sell them.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I sent mine off Friday afternoon from Indiana. I didnt add DC because I figured they'd arrive today. Its only 2 packs... so Im only out a $2 stamp.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Based upon those numbers is it worth it to rip them, since odds of a hit seem good or sell packs unopened?

It really depends upon how well the cards are received. If the packs get up to the $30-50 level, then I suppose selling would make sense. If I get my packs which were sent today plus all the others that have been sent on my behalf, I'm looking at around 400 packs. You can do the math, but suffice it to say, if these packs got up that high, I'd recoup my entire investment on the sale of the packs alone and all of my pulls from all 25 cases would be gravy.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
I've had about 6 or 7 different packages sent in. I sent 3 separate ones myself with the last one going today via Express Mail. It's only a 2.5 hr drive from my home to Duryea, but I couldn't take a day off to make the drive. This whole topic makes me very nervous. These packs are going to be hot.

Based upon 10,000 packs, and with Red Wave /25 and Blue Wave Autos /50 for all 38 prospects, you're looking at an auto every 5.26 packs and a Red Wave every 3.6 packs. Plus the Blue Wave will limited to about 412 each. So each pack will net you at the minimum of 5 cards more limited than a refractor and then every 4 packs you should hit the equivalent of an Orange Refractor and inside of 6 packs you should hit the equivalent of a Gold Refractor Auto.

These redemption packs unopened should be worth some serious money. Is $30-50 per pack really out of the question?

You don't think they'll do it like the 2010 Topps Chrome redemption where you either get refractors or green refractors, but not a mix in the same pack? I would have guessed that so you have 1 in 20 chance of getting a red wave pack, and 1 in 25 of getting an auto pack.

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
Well I bought some wrappers a few days ago and I feel like an idiot. I am a bit annoyed that this promotion was basically limited to people that bought boxes within 3 days of release.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK

Was it confirmed that the entire regular autograph checklist signed for this set? I never saw a checklist come out for the autographs.

refuse24

Mar 11, 2009
Why are you so pre-occuppied with these wrapper redemptions? You must have at least 50 posts here and on another site about this topic.
Because I can I am excited about this product...If it makes you fill better I post another 50 :).

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Was it confirmed that the entire regular autograph checklist signed for this set? I never saw a checklist come out for the autographs.

JP had a source that confirmed it was the entire prospect auto CL being included. If his source is correct, then my numbers should also be correct.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts