Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Leaf Trinity Sell Sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I take it some of you guys aren't familiar with the NFL Rookie Premiere event?

mark-ingram-fatty.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I don't collect football cards and wasn't aware of the "event worn" jersey cards.

I can understand the limited appeal of a jersey worn by a player at a bigtime event like Draft Day.
But why in the world do collectors pay big money for a patch card from a jersey slipped on by a player for a few seconds for the sake of making it "player worn?"

Parts of this hobby are absolutely ridiculous and it amazes me how much money some collectors/investors spend on cards like this, containing pieces of jerseys that were never part of a game.

But like Brian wrote, we all have different opinions, and vote with your wallet.

By the way, I think many Leaf cards look great and I hope they get a MLB license in a few years so collectors like me will have more options.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I don't collect football cards and wasn't aware of the "event worn" jersey cards.

I can understand the limited appeal of a jersey worn by a player at a bigtime event like Draft Day.
But why in the world do collectors pay big money for a patch card from a jersey slipped on by a player for a few seconds for the sake of making it "player worn?"

Parts of this hobby are absolutely ridiculous and it amazes me how much money some collectors/investors spend on cards like this, containing pieces of jerseys that were never part of a game.

But like Brian wrote, we all have different opinions, and vote with your wallet.

By the way, I think many Leaf cards look great and I hope they get a MLB license in a few years so collectors like me will have more options.

Panini Flawless was suppose to be GAME WORN--other than that release, I'm not sure if any of the NBA patches were game worn.

Football has been almost strictly Rookie Premiere worn for many years.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
To bring the tackiness of the NFL/NBA rookie event shenanigans when it comes to player worn items is brilliant - now my only question is how was Leaf able to get pro baseball players appearing in this product to wear a bunch of replica stuff?

Through their agents? Will we ever see any images, even if it's of a guy on his couch trying on an ill fitting replica?

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Authentic Majestic jerseys have an embroidered logo with no words on the sleeve, where replicas have an "iron on" logo with Majestic under it.
Just my 2 cents.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
My only question is...

Why not Batting Practice Jerseys?

At least those are "Authentic" on field jerseys. You get the same quality patches as an Authentic Jersey, for $20 more than a Replica Jersey.

I'd rather see a Yankees card with the patches from a blue BP jersey than from a replica with those stupid solid pinstripes.

Members online

Latest posts