Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Baseball Big Hit Tracker UPDATE - BABE RUTH CUT AUTO BAT 1/1 ARRIVES FOR FCB MEMBER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Thank you for the mention! This is my card that I pulled two weeks ago.

I am about to piss a whole lot of people off....this was the first hobby box I ever purchased. :D

Congrats and welcome to FCB! How long have you been collecting? I hate to tell you, but it's all downhill from here. :lol:

ksumarlow04

Mar 11, 2013
I have not been collecting long. I am a huge baseball fan, attend spring training every year, and have a dedicated room in my house for memorabilia/autographs. A year ago my friend took me to a card show and I have been collecting them ever since. Two weeks ago I bought my first ever hobby box, and in the 2nd to last pack I found that beautiful redemption card.

I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
A Babe Ruth 1/1 cut autograph relic card will get a tracker bumped. $19K BIN/BO

2013 Topps Babe Ruth Ultimate Chase Cut Signature Swatch 1 1 Auto Autograph | eBay

Sorry but I would never never never never never never never (did I have enough never's?) put this much coin toward a Topps redemption... you have to be OUT of your mind... what in the world could Topps offer you as a replacement? LOL!!! Seriously though... people are nuts... I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole

ksumarlow04

Mar 11, 2013
So do you suggest that I redeem and then sell? I was trying to ensure that the product would be guaranteed mint condition. New to all this, advice would be helpful.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So do you suggest that I redeem and then sell? I was trying to ensure that the product would be guaranteed mint condition. New to all this, advice would be helpful.

I would 100% redeem personally... First off, the card is probably SICK and you'd get so much more value if someone could see the card and wet their chops on it IMO. Second, I can't believe anyone would put up the kind of coin on a redemption... no freaking way... with all the horror stories, I would only spend that kind of money on something that was locked down. Again, just my opinion but great card (or redemption)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I would redeem, also. Mainly because - you never know. You may get it in and it be a GREAT cut. You may want to keep it.

Exactly... If the card looks amazing, people will wet their chops and then they'll want it even more, etc.

Also, as someone else said, it's only downhill from here lol... congrats! I would only wish to hit a card like this... might make me just leave the hobby for good :eek:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Perhaps you could contact Topps, let them know about your find, and ask how long they anticipate it will take for them to satisfy your redemption. Someone on this board may have a good contact for you to reach out to.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I need that Xavier Nady World Series Relic but if that seller thinks it's a $90 card he can suck my butt.

Just as a follow-up to my original post over a month ago, my butt remained unsucked because a couple of the Xavier Nady WS Jerseys actually sold for around $90. But the rest of the sales have been in the $45-65 range and I just bit the bullet and shelled out $57 for a BIN yesterday. It pains me to pay that much for a plain jersey card that's not super rare or from a particularly nice-looking set, but I neeeeeded it and was worried supply would start drying up and the price would rise. Ugh it's more than I paid for his 2012 Topps Update Platinum 1/1 and close to what I paid for the Wood 1/1.

I'd really like a Barry Zito World Series Relic but they've been selling in the same $45-65 range. I'll roll the dice and hope someday I can pick one up closer to $20.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
2013 Topps Series 1 Baseball Big Hit Tracker (Update: Ruth 1/1 Cut Auto Relic)

Amazing hit on the Ruth. It could be written with the wrong hand and on toilet paper, I wouldn't get rid of it. One of those once in a lifetime things. Couldn't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ksumarlow04

Mar 11, 2013
I would 100% redeem personally... First off, the card is probably SICK and you'd get so much more value if someone could see the card and wet their chops on it IMO. Second, I can't believe anyone would put up the kind of coin on a redemption... no freaking way... with all the horror stories, I would only spend that kind of money on something that was locked down. Again, just my opinion but great card (or redemption)

I called Topps yesterday and the card is still in production. That makes me want it more! The redemption will stay in the safety deposit box for now...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I called Topps yesterday and the card is still in production. That makes me want it more! The redemption will stay in the safety deposit box for now...

Redeeming the card is taking a risk. With a Ruth cut, I don't think there is a concern that the card will never be made (which is sometimes a concern when there is a living player involved) since Ruth signed items are fairly easy to find (albeit expensive). Still, the quality of the signature can vary dramatically.

If there is a chance you would want to keep the card, hold on to it and see if it is to your liking. If you are thinking of selling but choose to redeem it first, on some level you are playing the lottery. If the cut is nice, you'll win big. If it's not too nice... well you still win big, but not quite as big.

I'd (assuming I was considering moving it) would probably leave it out there seeing if a crazy offer came my way, even if you are thinking about redeeming it.

joker8334

Mar 23, 2012
Redeeming the card is taking a risk. With a Ruth cut, I don't think there is a concern that the card will never be made (which is sometimes a concern when there is a living player involved) since Ruth signed items are fairly easy to find (albeit expensive). Still, the quality of the signature can vary dramatically.

If there is a chance you would want to keep the card, hold on to it and see if it is to your liking. If you are thinking of selling but choose to redeem it first, on some level you are playing the lottery. If the cut is nice, you'll win big. If it's not too nice... well you still win big, but not quite as big.

I'd (assuming I was considering moving it) would probably leave it out there seeing if a crazy offer came my way, even if you are thinking about redeeming it.

Good point about dif btwn redemptions for living player vs. deceased cut. I know this is kinda unrelated to the thread, but since poster is new to redemptions I wanted to give him some advice so he doesnt get screwed over by Topps. Simply put, DO NOT BACK DOWN! It may take some work, but if you're persistent you will get your card or fair replacement. I had 2 redemptions of decent value (not a Ruth, cut, lol) One of them took 8 months of negotiating with Topps (remember you do not have to just accept whatever they send) and the other I ended up suing them (Im an attorney so worth it for me since I didnt have to hire one). An arbitrator heard our case and I won a cash judgment of $650 (which I then let Topps substitute a case of 2012 Strata instead of cutting a check).

The one I negotiated with Topps was for a 1/1 Book Card from 2011 Allen & Ginter of Robinson Cano & Dan Uggla. Was supposed to have Cano's Bat Barrel and an Atlanta Braves Team Patch for Uggla. No signatures. So I stood my ground and fought them on it. Rejected their pathetic replacement offers (first card they sent was an '07 Sterling Booklet /10 of Jackie Robinson & Ichiro with 3 tiny bat pieces). They tried to say my booklet couldnt be produced bc player did not send in the materials. I told them to go buy one, lol. Talking about a Cano Bat and Uggla Jersey...not Ruth and Aaron. Besides they could make other cards w/ the leftover material. End of story, I settled for a Bryce Harper '11 Platinum Blue Auto /99. Bryce Harper '11 Bowman Base Auto, Sterling Pujols Auto Triple Relic /5, Triple Threads Dan Marino White Whale Auto, Marquee Manny Pacquiao Auto and A 2011 Chrome Base Auto of Eric Hosmer (who was incredibly hot at time and I needed to finish set). I was satisfied :)

Sorry again for going off-topic, but congrats on the pull! I hope you get it! Pls post pics if you do!

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
End of story, I settled for a Bryce Harper '11 Platinum Blue Auto /99. Bryce Harper '11 Bowman Base Auto, Sterling Pujols Auto Triple Relic /5, Triple Threads Dan Marino White Whale Auto, Marquee Manny Pacquiao Auto and A 2011 Chrome Base Auto of Eric Hosmer (who was incredibly hot at time and I needed to finish set). I was satisfied :)

Sorry again for going off-topic, but congrats on the pull! I hope you get it! Pls post pics if you do!

Holy crap! No wonder everyone else gets shafted with redemptions - YOU took ALL the good replacements that had!! :eek:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Series 2 is out, and since I do not have an encyclopedic knowledge of the various singles in the two series, I'm just going to update the existing tracker thread since I don't doubt a few series one cards will sneak in...

2013 Topps Pedro Martinez 4 10 Auto | eBay

$T2eC16J,!wsE9suw)yL-BRwfS2OKhg~~60_35.JPG

Joe Morgan 2013 Topps Series 2 Elite Auto Relic Card Tear JM 'D 1 1 Reds | eBay

David Price Topps 2013 Chasing History Patch CY Young Award 18 20 "A" in Rays | eBay

$T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiNV3BRwdN3Z-nw~~60_35.JPG

2013 Topps Series 2 Chasing History Stephen Strasburg Jumbo Patch 8 20 CHJR SS | eBay

$T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iHyJBRwTurnKig~~60_35.JPG

2013 Topps Series 2 Jay Bruce Chasing History Jumbo Relic Patch 20 Reds | eBay

$T2eC16J,!)QE9s3HEEuVBRwMfHIdIw~~60_35.JPG

2013 Topps Series 2 David Ortiz Patch Card 11 25 2 Colors w Stitching Red Sox | eBay

2013 Topps Silver Slate Wrapper Redemption Auto Autograph Ken Griffey Jr 10 10 | eBay

2013 Topps Series 2 Chasing History Dual Relic Nolan Ryan Yu Darvish SSP 50 | eBay

$(KGrHqF,!rEFGjB6TT+TBRwf3lK90g~~60_35.JPG

Members online

Latest posts