Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Triple Threads BABE RUTH BAT KNOB Value??? Pics Added...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
How in the hell is asking a question of value of a high profile card spam??? I didnt post a link, the item #, the guys ID, or even mention the word Ebay...

Its not like this card wouldnt have been posted on this site when he listed it on Ebay or anywhere else cuz it would have been posted in the Big Hit Tracker with a link to it whether I ever asked the question or not...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How in the hell is asking a question of value of a high profile card spam??? I didnt post a link, the item #, the guys ID, or even mention the word Ebay...

Its not like this card wouldnt have been posted on this site when he listed it on Ebay or anywhere else cuz it would have been posted in the Big Hit Tracker with a link to it whether I ever asked the question or not...
You're right. I'm wrong. Thanks for posting it. Hopefully you passed along your finding to your buddy that it's worth ~$5,000... not $15,000.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Ya I told him like $5grand and that the one from last year never sold at $9grand... Told him to throw it up BIN/BO for like $7/$8grand to see what kind of offers he gets...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ya I told him like $5grand and that the one from last year never sold at $9grand... Told him to throw it up BIN/BO for like $7/$8grand to see what kind of offers he gets...
Smart. I personally would of followed closer to what you told him but it's his card and he can do with it what he wants. I don't think it touches $10k and if I were him, I'd post it for no more than $10k BIN or BO and see what happens... maybe someone is sitting at $9k and might stretch to $10k if the BIN is there before another offer swoops in, etc.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

We know it is not spam

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
With a card like that I would put it up at that price too. There are real heavy hitter buyers that have the scratch for that card and wouldn't blink an eye.

Smart. I personally would of followed closer to what you told him but it's his card and he can do with it what he wants. I don't think it touches $10k and if I were him, I'd post it for no more than $10k BIN or BO and see what happens... maybe someone is sitting at $9k and might stretch to $10k if the BIN is there before another offer swoops in, etc.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
You're right. I'm wrong. Thanks for posting it. Hopefully you passed along your finding to your buddy that it's worth ~$5,000... not $15,000.

If you pulled the card and knew it was worth atleast 5 k what your your BIN be? $5001? $6000?

Most sellers list high end cards with a high bin. You never know how stupid someone with bucks can be, why not try and get as much as you can?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If you pulled the card and knew it was worth atleast 5 k what your your BIN be? $5001? $6000?

Most sellers list high end cards with a high bin. You never know how stupid someone with bucks can be, why not try and get as much as you can?

If you read the entire thread you'd know the answer to your question.

Not to be direct but I've already said that I would list at $10k because that's probably still too much but probably not by much and some big pockets might stretch to get there.

So no, not $5,001.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Agreed theres no way that would go for 3k. Id be a buyer at that price. This went pretty much in the range I thought it would. These are so rare it could have went for alot more if it was visible longer. There are dudes like Keith Olbermann who would throw 10k at that in an eye blink.

.....and this is why you go fishing with a big BIN.

whackspacks

Jul 17, 2012
$7500 for a foam board photo of The 'Babe' and the end of an old bat that nobody knows where it came from or who, if anyone, ever truly used it other than a kid in a sandlot in the 1960's. This hobby HAS to make you wonder if we are all 'certified' to be in the bin'

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
$7500 for a foam board photo of The 'Babe' and the end of an old bat that nobody knows where it came from or who, if anyone, ever truly used it other than a kid in a sandlot in the 1960's. This hobby HAS to make you wonder if we are all 'certified' to be in the bin'
LOL

Reminds me of the .com bubble in the stock market in the late '90s... we look back and think "Man were we FOOLED"

Members online

Latest posts