Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 red orbit variants?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Maybe I just missed the boat on the info on these, but am I the only one that wasn't aware there are two red orbit patterns (like the black)?

Does this mean there are two red orbit autos as well?

(sorry bout the scans I don't have them in hand yet)
orbit.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Also just looked through ebay and some breaks I've seen and I haven't seen a "blades" red orbit auto

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Red Orbit autos are only for the base (Grass and Waves) patterns. Same with the 1/1 black autos

There are two Black Galactic diffractors per player, both base and pattern 6 (Blade and Grid). There is an additional Black Rainbow 1/1 for base cards. They're clear acetate, similar to the Gold, Purple and Sky parallels.

This set is kind of confusing. I'm glad I'm not going after the rainbow. Three 1/1's, along with 4-8 printing proofs, is extremely excessive

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Huh I had no idea they did that with the red. I knew they did that with the blacks. Didn't know they did it with the reds though. Thanks for the info!

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I noticed there was two red orbits as well and guys with the home team version may have 3, honestly not a fan of having so many 1/1's and two or three variants of the red. Why not have a red /10 and blue /5 instead, last years format worked so much better for me. It kind of bugs me that both reds are numbered out of 5, I would have preferred one being more rare than the other. It also bugs me that the common grid pattern from last year is the rare pattern this year. At least the singles are pretty cheap for now, so that's one benefit of topps and their silly ways.

Last edited:

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I noticed there was two red orbits as well and guys with the home team version may have 3, honestly not a fan of having so many 1/1's and two or three variants of the red. Why not have a red /10 and blue /5 instead, last years format worked so much better for me. It kind of bugs me that both reds are numbered out of 5, I would have preferred one being more rare than the other. It also bugs me that the common grid pattern from last year is the rare pattern this year. At least the singles are pretty cheap for now, so that's one benefit of topps and their silly ways.

or made two complete parallel runs instead of, 2 blacks, 2 reds, and sometimes another one (home/away). I would rather have seen an entire spectrum of grass, then an entire spectrum of blades

This product just felt like it was designed by 2 different teams that didn't talk to each other, then thrown together into one at the 11th hour. I still like the final product, but everybody is scratching their heads as to what planet they were on when they designed some aspects of the product.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Also one other thing bugs me, if they made a black blades, why didn't they make blade proofs?

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
or made two complete parallel runs instead of, 2 blacks, 2 reds, and sometimes another one (home/away). I would rather have seen an entire spectrum of grass, then an entire spectrum of blades

This product just felt like it was designed by 2 different teams that didn't talk to each other, then thrown together into one at the 11th hour. I still like the final product, but everybody is scratching their heads as to what planet they were on when they designed some aspects of the product.

This pretty much sums up how I feel, it's too bad because Tek could have been a home run of a product. Don't get me wrong I still like it but it could have been so much better.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Isn't this so much "fun" trying to figure out whats out there?

This set would have been even more fun had they not released pattern counts :) Hey was that pyramids in the break because I didn't see it. If not, thank you man, that was really nice. If it was, thank you man, that was an even better break than I thought! :)

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I just found out there was a red orbit blade version of Canseco as well ... and grabbed it! Now I need the regular red /5 ... yeah it is getting kinda ridiculous :)

Members online

Latest posts