Over half way through the year so I guess its time for an update.1. Finish setting up and organizing my card room. I've made a lot of progress but still a lot to be done.
2. Add 3 new Leaf Exhibits.
3. Add 3 new Autographs.
4. Add 2 1/1's.
5. Get to 70% of 2017 and 2018 Puckett Cards.
Well this was a fun year so far. I’m posting this from Cleveland, so goal 1 done.- Attend the NSCC in Cleveland (already bought my AirBnb)
- Finish my 2011 Topps Heritage tint set
- Pick up the remaining 2001 Topps Heritage inserts I need
- Pick up the 2001 UD Legends of NY Babe Ruth bat card I need to finish the GU bat set
- Sub my 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout to BGS. It looks like a 10.
- Be debt free (2017 got me $15000 closer)
1. I think I’ve only been able to locate one so far this year unfortunately. They just aren’t anywhere to be foundApparently failed to document goals for 2017 so getting this in now.
1. Per usual try to find 3 of my Jeff Cirillo needs
2. Submit more to PSA for my Sveum collection and work on a graded ‘87 Topps Brewers team set (get to at least 75%) as I continue to get closer to death while desperately trying to hold on to the memories of my youth
3. Upgrade at least 10 autographs from my all-time Brewers Collection (currently need to upgrade 28 for sure)
4. Don’t start any new projects
5. Stay cigarette free
Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
1- I've added 5 Wakefield cards from his playing days, which is the most in two or three years, pretty excited about that. He's been in one release this year and I got all 4 cards, including the one of one.I am looking to save money for a few things so I will aim low, and hope to stick to it.
1-Add 4 Tim Wakefield's from his playing days....and any new releases.
2-Herb Pennock, Harry Lord and Jack Barry playing days Red Sox card.
3-Finish 1999 base Tek run of Biggio, need 12B and 30B
That's it. Hopefully that will curtail my spending a bit, the chase is more thrilling for me anyway.
I was going to wait to reply but I don't have anything else going on so...Crazy to fathom another year has gone by. Hopefully everyone made some headway in this crazy hobby of ours. As life happens so in turn does our involvement with our collections.
What are YOUR hopes and aspirations for your part in the collecting world in the following year?
I'll list mine in no particular order.
1) I want to FINISH AT least 2 of the sets I'm working on. down to 3 cards or less in 4 sets.
2) stay focused. I got a little off track with main PC pickups being slow and grabbed up a bunch of stuff I'll probably end up selling in the near future.
3) get re-supplied and have everything encased, labeled and team bagged. I was at about 95% for a month and I keep falling backwards.
4) this is the year I finally grab a Harper auto. overdue But I may just bite the bullet finally.
5) Did I say stay focused!!? I love the stuff I have but between starting a new spahn pc, haniger rainbow, star autographs of today's young stars and grabbing a few things I thought were needed, I spent double what I should have. Stick to my sets or a hof patch once in a while and I feel I should be good.
6) get back in the gym and lose some weight. my knees and back hurt and my 20 yr reunion is this year, so why not?
1) For the HOF manager line-up card collection - Pick up a 3-5 more lineup cards signed by HOF managers including at least one from the "top" of my list (would love to pick up a Stengel Yankees lineup card or an old Connie Mack signed card).
— picked up a second Walter Johnson as well as some other interesting lineup cards, but haven’t been able to find any new HOF’ers. (Thought I had found an Eddie Murray but it ended up being a carbon copy which I returned) —
2) For the Jackie Robinson/Integration Collection - Would love to pick up a Jackie Robinson Negro League signed baseball. Also looking to pick up programs/materials related to Jackie's barnstorming tours, and other interesting items that tell the integration story. May look to move an item or two that are pretty cool, but not necessarily the core of my collection.
— picked up a signed high school yearbook and an album signed by the 1946 Nashua Dodgers (with Campanella and Newcombe) but it’s been slow in that area. —
3) For the Negro League contract collection - Pick up 1-2 more Negro League contracts of either HOF'ers or significant non-HOF players.
— been slow. Nothing to report here —
4) WWII-baseball collection - Find WWII-baseball items related to Hank Greenberg as well as Bob Feller.
— haven’t found anything —
5) Sell off items that are outside of my collecting focus or are "non-essentials." Even within my areas of focus I've definitely picked up some items that are interesting, but not really the sweet spot of my collection.
— haven’t done enough of this —