Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Archives Fan Favorites

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My annual favorite set has hit the streets. There are a few cards I really want this year, but all in all, the selection is worse for me than in previous years. I am done trying to get all of the different basic players and am done trying to get all of the parallels of anyone except maybe a few choice cards. I am also done chasing the blue /25 for everyone. I'll try to get as many as I can, but price will drive that list heavily. The saddest report is that after 3-4 years of having some neat non-player selections to chase, the selection this year is almost non-existent. There are a couple manager cards, but unless there will be unannounced selections, no front office staff, no umpires, no broadcasters, no team doctors, no commissioners, no MLBPA Presidents, none of that! My only guess is that people complained about those "hits"? The weird part is that I chased all of them, regardless of who they were and if I even knew of them prior to the issue. I mean I was buying NY Vinny autos...WHT?!

This year, the Dodgers are only represented by 2 basic cards, Shawn Green and Mark Grudzielanek. MEH! I will try to get all the parallels for those guys. (Still short the Purple Gagne from last year!)

Former Dodgers making an appearance are Andy Ashby, Charlie Manuel, Garrett Anderson, Gary Sheffield, Jose Offerman, Steve Finley, Todd Worrell, Rafael Furcal, Jerry Grote & Roberto Kelly. I would like at least one of each of those cards, preferably the blue /25. Manuel is about the only card there that excites me at all. Most of those guys have multiple autographs.

Besides the Dodger connections, not much else grabs me. I may try to add a Sanguillen, Garr & Stearns, which are the guys that I knew best in my early card collecting years, but that is about it.

The premium/specials are usually out of my price comfort level, but a few really look cool. I would like to get one of each, but again, price will drive that 100%.

60T Combo Muncy/W. Smith

76T Traded Miguel Cabrera (this goes back to my unexplained love of mid 70s Tigers Topps cards)

90 T AS May

60T W. Smith AS Rookie

55 Mini Corey Seager

WHAT ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT FROM THIS SET, IF ANYTHING?

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I bought a couple presell blasters with an expected delivery early October. Huh? I always liked the SP subsets and common inserts. This year seems like no exception. I question some of the base designs used such as 2002 Topps. Seriously? And buying hobby boxes seems like a money pit. $125+ per box where there's a 90% probability of pulling 2 "fan favorites" scrub autos. Buy 4 blasters for $80 instead where you get more cards than a hobby box and save $50.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I actually pulled a grudzielanek yesterday if you are interested.
What do you need for it? i am expecting them to be a little higher early, then settle back to where there are many options. I'm guessing he'll be a $5 or less auto when everything settles.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
What do you need for it? i am expecting them to be a little higher early, then settle back to where there are many options. I'm guessing he'll be a $5 or less auto when everything settles.
How about $8 dlvd and I throw in what ever dodger base I hit in two blasters.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That sounds reasonable, I'll go for that. PP OK? Let me know how you want to proceed. Thanks.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Me too! Pulled a base Erstad from a box, have a Purple on the way. There's a Blue up for a ridiculous price, so I won't be adding that any time soon!

Just got a blue for a decent price. I had thought about waiting but it seems like with Topps, there are more set collectors to bid against. Need the 1/1 for the full run.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I would have paid $11 for an Erstad blue. I must have missed it being listed all together. Another E, but I still need the RED Edmonds from 2 years ago.

I won blue versions of Odom, Grote, Pagnozzi, Santiago, Sheffield, Ashby and the Smith 60 Topps ART auto so far. Won't go for the entire run this year, but will grab most if I see for around $10-15 or less.

Members online

Latest posts