Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Cancealed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I wonder how far in advance you can book something there in Cooperstown? Imagine having already booked a place during HOF 2021, thinking it would be a lame year (and it probably would have been otherwise unless one of the "shamed" gets that big push) and having Jeter fall right into your lap! This is probably the year to get behind a Bonds or Clemens type candidate with no other distractions in the vote. The Golden Days (1950-69) group is up next as well, this being a tough sell in the last 2 votes with only Santo getting the call. Here is the list from the last vote in 2015. Nobody got in:

CandidateCategoryVotesPercent
Dick AllenPlayer1168.75%
Tony OlivaPlayer1168.75%
Jim KaatPlayer1062.5%
Maury WillsPlayer956.25%
Minnie MiñosoPlayer850%
Ken BoyerPlayer< 3< 18.75%
Gil HodgesPlayer< 3< 18.75%
Bob HowsamExecutive< 3< 18.75%
Billy PiercePlayer< 3< 18.75%
Luis TiantPlayer< 3< 18.75%

I just looked at the potential ballot for the regular ballot and there is a slightly larger than ZERO chance anyone new to the ballot gets in. I still left open the possibility of someone getting a 1st ballot nod, because I suppose anything could happen. There is even one guy I have never heard of nor recall even hearing his name or seeing one of his cards, Kevin Gregg! Who?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Gregg pitched for 13 years in the bigs. 30+ saves three times, just always for bad teams. That doesn't mean he was good, just better than I remembered. My main memories are of him blowing saves for the Cubs against my Cardinals.

2021 Candidates with a chance:
Curt Schilling - I think this is the year he gets in but maybe they make him wait until his final year of eligibility in 2022 quoting the morality clause BS.
Scott Rolen - He should already be in. Maybe a weak class gets him there but I doubt it.
Andruw Jones - Rolen argument part deux.
Omar Vizquel - I think he's a couple years off from his undeserved induction but he might make a huge jump in what is viewed as a really weak class.

First timers with a chance:
None, though I think Buehrle, Hunter, and Hudson will get enough votes to stay on the ballot for a few years and Buehlre might eventually get in through the Veterans' Committee.

Golden Days Committee:
Dick Allen is the only player on here that is borderline deserving on his MLB career alone.
Minnie Minoso has an argument since he spent three years in the ***** Leagues and was a fantastic player there as well as in MLB.

Of the two I'd put Minnie in before Allen but it wouldn't shock me if both or neither made it.

2022 is when it really gets interesting again to me.
Arod? Ortiz? The last runs of Schilling (assuming he isn't in the 2021 class), Bonds, and Clemens?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts