Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 MLB Playoff Contest: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
In free fall mode!

On the bright side, you're one of only two who has Correa. Maybe Houston will take the next two series to 7 while he plays out of his mind each of the next 13 games? Okay, maybe not...

Barring that, it's a good time to announce one final player's choice bonus for the World Series. It won't turn the game on it's head, but it could have some meaning for the top half of the standings.

Details to follow.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@MrMet, @thelesquad, @WCTYSON, @Gwynn545, @clarkzac, @Dazed, @metallicalex777, @dano7, @mrmopar, @deaconblues63, @gt2590, @JVHaste, @banjar, @chippernate, @Letch77

****FINAL ENCORE****
PLAYER'S CHOICE ALERT

This is my final request from you as contestants (other than choosing your prize if you are the champion).

Please read the instructions carefully. Thanks and good luck!

1. Everyone please select one hitter from each of the 4 remaining teams who are NOT on the latest player list (as of Oct 15th).

The list is now in alphabetical order for your convenience.

2. Position players/designated hitters only. No pitchers.

3. THIS TIME, PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR SELECTIONS. PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM IN THIS THREAD.

4. Scoring for these players will only apply in the World Series, so everyone who makes a choice is guaranteed 2 extra players.

However, scoring for these players is weighted depending on how early you lock them in.

If you are the first contestant to claim a given player, their scoring is tripled. If you are 2nd, it is doubled. If you are 3rd, it is standard scoring.

If you are 4th or later to claim a given player, scoring is halved.

Simply put:

1st to claim: 3x
2nd: 2x
3rd: 1x
4th or later: 0.5x

5. BECAUSE ONLY ONE WORLD SERIES GAME IS PLAYED ON A GIVEN DAY, IT'S ALMOST GUARANTEED* THAT EVERY HITTER'S GAME SCORE WILL BE SHOWN ON THE ESPN LEADERBOARD PAGE.

*31 PLAYERS WOULD HAVE TO MAKE A PLATE APPEARANCE IN A SINGLE GAME FOR EVEN JUST ONE TO FALL OFF THE DAILY LEADERBOARD.

IT WAS NEVER THE INTENT TO INCLUDE EVERY HITTER'S SCORE FOR EVERY GAME,
SO ONLY THE TOP 15 OVERALL GAME SCORES (INCLUDING TIES) WILL COUNT FOR THE WORLD SERIES BONUS PLAYERS.

ALL OTHER GAME SCORES COUNT AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE (IF THEY APPEAR ANYWHERE ON THE DAILY LEADERBOARD, THEY COUNT).

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK. MY APOLOGIES FOR NOT ADDRESSING THIS EARLIER, BUT THERE IS AMPLE NOTICE BEFORE THIS COMES INTO EFFECT.

OTHERWISE, PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR CHOICES NO LATER THAN SUNDAY OCT 24TH.

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This is fun and tough to watch and follow. The teams I'm rooting for for myself also help my "opponents", so sometimes I root for a more greedy game outcome scenario. I like the safer route of rooting for the Dodgers, but the Dodgers I don't have which my "opponents" do are crushing it. If the Dodgers keep going, my hope is for Betts, Seager, and Smith to cool it a bit and for Scherzer to be lights out.

With that, I sometimes hiddenly root for the Braves, with Riley doing his thing even though my "opponents" have him and I really root for Duvall each at bat. I really want Houston to win, mostly because the Red Sox most "opponents" have are crushing it there with Devers and Martinez.

Super fun, thanks for the updates on the scores @cjedmonton and I can't wait to see how the World Series Mystery Players unfold!

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Btw, I never get notified from being tagged in this thread, I wonder why? Maybe other people who aren't checking manually are also missing these updates. :unsure:
@JVHaste I don't think I do, either...of course, I check the thread almost daily. Maybe there's a problem with the tag function...do you get them from other threads?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Did not realize the tag function might be broken. Sorry, everyone!

Will continue the same format just in case, but you all just might have to check in on your own.

I could always send a PM, but that’s overkill and I don’t think I could even send it to 15 people. Not exactly private, right? haha

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
@JVHaste I don't think I do, either...of course, I check the thread almost daily. Maybe there's a problem with the tag function...do you get them from other threads?
I'm getting your tag now... and in other threads. I bet there's a built in function preventing a high number to be tagged at once. (to block spam)

Members online

Latest posts